Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent corset piercing

Options
  • 22-05-2007 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So yeah, I really want a corset piercing, but I'd want it to be permanent. I've read that it can be done with body bars or whatever, and then you can use rings once it's healed, etc, but is this true? And would I be able to get it done in Ireland?
    Thanks <3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Permanent corsets are done using surface bars usually, and the balls can be swapped for those screw-on captive bead rings for corset purposes.

You'd want a piercer who is extremely good with surface piercings, but odds are you'll be told it's only viable as a temporary piercing. Surface piercings are hard to heal at the best of times and when you think about your back and how often it comes into contact with things (sitting, sleeping, clothes, lying on your back), more so than your nape, arm, or any other place where surface piercings are popular, the risk of rejection is huge and healing several surface piercings at the same time is no picnic :) but hey, it has been done. You also most likely won't be able to wear it as a proper corset piercing until it has healed.

Here are some links on BME:

Article/Rant on Corset Piercings
    BMEwiki article

and:

Wikipedia's article, which is pretty good- mentions there has actually been no documented case of corset piercings lasting more than a year...

So far the most part, they really are a temporary piercing, but you wouldn't be the first to try and heal a permanent set. Out of curiosity have you got any other surface piercings or extreme mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Won't last the spine is far too mobile for all the piercings to last, an option though is a front laced corset done up the abs stopping below the ribs have had a minor success with this type 8 months with no rejections before the girl took it out. Using surface bars of course and the balls you can attach rings too as closures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I didn't think it was possible to get a permanent corset piercing....
    Cant see any kind of bar or ring staying in for too long with the amount of movement that goes on around the spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

maybe try it with microdermals? they sound pretty permanant and they have a low rejection rate (last time i checked???) then get custom (if you cant buy them) beads with a ring on the end (if that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Won't last the spine is far too mobile for all the piercings to last, an option though is a front laced corset done up the abs stopping below the ribs have had a minor success with this type 8 months with no rejections before the girl took it out. Using surface bars of course and the balls you can attach rings too as closures

Doesn't have to be on the spine. There's a few places you have little hope of healing one. I'm trying my best with my arm one as we speak, but no to much avail. I was warned and I knew this'd happen, but it's been fun.

No signs of rejection just yet, but I'm having a check on friday anyway.

Um, corset piercings are mainly just for show or for photographic reasons. They DON'T last. Sad, but true. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

You dont really have a hope of having a permanent corset,its more for just a few hours of if you want to keep it you might get it to last a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Yeah. My arm is a month old now. Going to have it critisized when I go in later. :p

Yeah. It's not gonna last much longer. :(

Advertisement