Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Sony Ericsson K800i

• 22-05-2007 8:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

Looking for the cheapest unlocked SEK800i online or otherwise. Its not for me, its for my poor student brother..have a heart!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Nobody going to help me out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

About 300 euros on Pixmania (including shipping) unlocked, I see it as 269 on Vodafone on their online shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was looking for one a while back ,vodafone is cheaper than anywhere else.
    I don't know how vodafone are discounting it on prepay :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

_Brian_ wrote:
    I don't know how vodafone are discounting it on prepay :confused:
    Subsidised by SE to increase market share and gain a user base?
    Cant be bad in their 'battle' with Nokia, once people get used to a
    certain OS/GUI they tend to stick to what they know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Subsidised by SE to increase market share and gain a user base?
    Cant be bad in their 'battle' with Nokia, once people get used to a
    certain OS/GUI they tend to stick to what they know.

Nokia's are suppose to have no decent QC anymore. I got an insurance replacement N70 last month and it's crap.Doesn't ring properly ,echoes on calls.

I'm sure vodafone will get their money back from people who are confident with their phones.
    I'm thinking of getting an 800 myself ,only hesitation is deciding on another 12mnth contract:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got mine on Pixmania for just over €300 a few months back. The vodafone one would be locked to voda.
    Hmm it bugs me that live wont let me download any games on it... maybe as it's not branded? don't know... anyway good phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

i got a brand new one on adverts for €175 :)

there's a few more there, you should be able to get one for €200ish, keep your eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭wba88

i got my K800i in feb from adverts for €150 on o2!! unlocked it for free. havent had a problem since i got it. excellent phone especially with a 2gb card in it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

wba88 wrote:
    i got my K800i in feb from adverts for €150 on o2!! unlocked it for free. havent had a problem since i got it. excellent phone especially with a 2gb card in it ;)
    How did you unlock it for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

_Brian_ wrote:
    Nokia's are suppose to have no decent QC anymore. I got an insurance replacement N70 last month and it's crap.Doesn't ring properly ,echoes on calls.

I'm sure vodafone will get their money back from people who are confident with their phones.
    I'm thinking of getting an 800 myself ,only hesitation is deciding on another 12mnth contract:(

I agree bought a 6111 for the wife for her birthday she's always had Nokias - it's the worst piece of sh1te I've ever seen Nokia really let themselves go on that one
    waiting to upgrade from my k750 to the 800 as soon as Meteor get the finger out and give me an upgrade (mind you they gave me two last year for some reason!

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    How did you unlock it for free?
    go into o2 store (while pretending to know very little about phones) tell them you are going to england for a week or two and you want to use ur o2 uk sim card and when you put it in to check it still worked it wouldnt allow it. Can you solve the problem? etc. If this fails to work ring the call centre in the same way. I have done this with vodafone a lot, a few times with o2 and once with meteor. I have told others to do it and it has worked for them. Hope that helps, let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

wba88 wrote:
    go into o2 store (while pretending to know very little about phones) tell them you are going to england for a week or two and you want to use ur o2 uk sim card and when you put it in to check it still worked it wouldnt allow it. Can you solve the problem? etc. If this fails to work ring the call centre in the same way. I have done this with vodafone a lot, a few times with o2 and once with meteor. I have told others to do it and it has worked for them. Hope that helps, let me know how you get on.

Yeah i have got loads done that way i thought you meant yourself like you had a software or something :D

nah sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rover2mondeo

wba88 wrote:

I rang vodafone and they told me to topup by certain amount before they can unlock my Nokia 6280

yeah i got that a few times before just say that your ma is goin over for a week and she needs to borrow your fone or something and she cant get it to work, add in that you rang the other day but the 'systems were down' when they were trying to fix the problem. just keep trying mate, they'll cave ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

wba88 wrote:
    excellent phone especially with a 2gb card in it ;)

Couldn't agree more. This is my first step away from Nokia and I must say, what a phone. Went on holidays with the 2gb card in it and came nowhere close to filling it. Highly recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Any tips on where to get a cheap 2GB card for it, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

wba88 wrote:
    It's not really about trying to con the guys in the shop, they can only ring CUstomer Care anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

edanto wrote:
    Any tips on where to get a cheap 2GB card for it, please?

£25.90+delivery for a Sandisk one...

http://www.picstop.co.uk/Memory-Stick-Micro-M2/Order_2/Memory-Stick-Micro-M2/Sandisk-Memory-Stick-Micro-M2---2GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks, that's the cheapest I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Sim free for €267 from hoh.de
    Shipping is steep @ €29.95 but still works out cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. It looks like the shipping would be the same for a number of items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

steve 0 wrote:
    Sim free for €267 from hoh.de
    Shipping is steep @ €29.95 but still works out cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. It looks like the shipping would be the same for a number of items.
    you could get one here on boards/adverts for under €200. then get it unlocked for €30ish.

Advertisement