Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have FF missed a great opportunity?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

For the nth time, if you want to go into the personal stuff, either abuse or a job interview, take your obsession with me off the boards and PM me.

At least I think I've finally found the person whose been stealing my underwear off the clothes line...

This has nothing to do with personal, this is to do with the fact that you commented on it being a great 10 years and all that. The self-employed and constituency information was from your own posts in prior threads.

Do you, or do you not, have a vested interest regards the construction industry and FF. Given the extreme slant of many of your posts, it isn't an unreasonable viewpoint to arrive at that you do indeed and therefore anything you say iwould as such be incredibly suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

How much will prices go down if FG get in, and what steps will they take to break any suggested ties between Government and the construction industry?

As we both know a bubble has been created and prices are going to go down no matter who gets in.
    This is where the whole election promises, made by all parties, fall flat.
    There probably would have been a bubble due to the availability of cheap credit but the government of last 5 years did nothing to try and put brakes on. Getting rid of tax incentives, curtail flipping could have possibly made some impact.
    I know other interested parties (estate agents, bank lenders and developers) also contributed hugely to this whole crazy situation, where we now have over supply, totally over valued houses and people in hock up to their eyeballs for next 40 years.

I think the whole plannig process has to be looked at.
    There have to be rules that developments over x size have to incorporate social aspects i.e. schools, community centres, play areas etc, etc.
    Developers have to be forced to not just put load of houses up and then bugger off to another town/village and do the same.

I am not allowed discuss …

Lemming wrote:
    Given the extreme slant of many of your posts

Is there a moderator who can tell this guy to leave me alone? I'm getting slightly spooked by all of the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Don't assume at all. Bad premise for an argument.
    Actually I only said that to get you out of your corner with your gloves up and it worked ;)
    If FF are responsible, then they have to take responsibility. On the other hand, if for example there's an oil crisis or a terrorist attack on the IFSC, then blame may lie elsewhere. Not sure about your 'typical FF' comment, after all when this country was in the pits in the mid 80s didn't the FG Government and their apologists since then wring their hands and blame decisions made almost 10 years beforehand? That's what politicians, not just FF, do. They blame others.
    But we're not politicians, are we? We can credit a previous government for their actions if they helped nurture the Wirtshaftswunder can't we? even if it would be political suicide for an incumbent government to do so. We can even credt Alan Dukes and his Tallaght Strategy (seeing as you mention the IFSC and all!). However, you mention an interesting point-oil dependency. We have become the most oil dependent country in Europe. What exactly has FF done to combat our exposure to arab hissy fits?

jmayo wrote:
    the government of last 5 years did nothing to try and put brakes on.

Possibly, but they did prior to that, I'm trying to think of that 'economist' who did a few reports and made recommendations. Think many had the reverse affect in prices, stamp duty breaks being simply tacked on the price etc. etc.

• Advertisement

Is there a moderator who can tell this guy to leave me alone? I'm getting slightly spooked by all of the attention.

You want to fly the flag for an inept bunch of charlatants? You want to canvass for politicians? You want to engage in politics ... then be prepared to deal with an irrate electorate.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

You party-political broadcast ten to the dozen Conor74. To the point that it may as well be an FF politician doing the posting. Pretty much like shilling.

murphaph wrote:
    Actually I only said that to get you out of your corner with your gloves up and it worked ;)

Stick 'em up! :p
    murphaph wrote:
    We can even credt Alan Dukes and his Tallaght Strategy

I would certainly agree. And if FF end up in Opposition, I hope they don't adopt a policy of oppose for opposing's sake.
    murphaph wrote:
    What exactly has FF done to combat our exposure to arab hissy fits?

Not enough imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Lemming wrote:
    You want to fly the flag for an inept bunch of charlatants?
    Bertie? Is that you trying to lose this election? :D

....sorry lemming, couldn't resist. :o

Lemming wrote:
    irrate electorate.

Don't attribute your mood to all the electorate.

The canvass was a breeze, so many people saying things have never been better for them. Suspect it'll be reflected in FF's overall vote here.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

:D:D

What was it about his 5th abusive and personal comment that made it stand out?
    While you're at it, you can read the charter and don't discuss moderation in-thread.
    You could always answer the question. It would be a first.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote:
    It would be a first.

That's complete nonsense.

Lemming can send you on all my posts, he has them saved away. They'll show that I deal with rational points.

That's complete nonsense.

Lemming can send you on all my posts, he has them saved away. They'll show that I deal with rational points.

Ones personal leanings on hideously blinkered political viewpoints do not preclude a question from being rational. The fact that you choose not to answer a question based on personal prejudice is, however, not rational. Every question I have asked of you has been in line with commentary made by you within your own posts and as such, relevant to the topic at hand.

And yes, you make a habit of evading questions whilst slinging mud to try and compensate for said evasion. I can point out threads stretching over a period of least two years showing this behaviour.

Oh, and one last thing, I don't save your posts. I just know how to search when I need to look something up rather than reading out of Berrrrrrtie's script

Lemming wrote:
    I can point out threads stretching over a period of least two years showing this behaviour.

The worrying thing is that I don't doubt you for a second. I'm just concerned as to how much information you have...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The worrying thing is that I don't doubt you for a second. I'm just concerned as to how much information you have...:(

And wasn't this last government accussed of trying to tighen the Freedom of Information Act as well?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I really don't want to ban either of you with the results to start coming through in the next few days. But either of you post in this thread again and you're banned

Advertisement