Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Safety: Ignored?

Options
  • 22-05-2007 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this? Unless i am mistaken it hasntnt been mentioned much at all? Seems like quiet an issue that could get to voters

Comments

streaker wrote:
    Seems like quiet an issue that could get to voters

Yeah. When numbers of accidents has gone down consistently since the demise of the Rainbow in 1997, it seems to me that FF have missed a chance to score points, though it may be cheap to do so tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Conor road deaths have been going down steadilly since 1980,so to make an issue of this is cheap and you have done it :rolleyes:.

http://www.actuaries.ie/About_the_Society/Society%20Publications/Newsletter/Newsletter_article_October_2006_.pdf

Whats probably would be a bigger vote winner is to allow people drink drive on the way home from their rural pub :rolleyes:

Jaysus Conor not like you not rebuffing one of my posts, lost for words maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

people complain about the number of provisional licenseholders on the roads when the driver testing service is a non-functional shambles.

A driver testing service is a basic function of road safety, which works EVERYWHERE ELSE and FF has had 10 years to fix it.

Feel free to 'splain that, Conor74!

Quick someone call the Guards Conor has gone missing?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

So if road deaths were going up nobody would be jumping up and down to blame the government????

Of course we would, just pointing out to Conor that roads deaths did not start to drop miraculously since 1997 and according to that report I linked to we are one of the worst places in Europe for road deaths per capita with one of the lowest rates of car ownership. So basically its not something to jump up and down about and celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Its not the first time Conor has gone missing when the goings got tough....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

stepbar wrote:
    Its not the first time Conor has gone missing when the goings got tough....
    Eh? What happened to "attack the post, not the poster"? :confused:

Using the same logic so, you might want to look at post 4 & 6.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

stepbar wrote:
    Using the same logic so, you might want to look at post 4 & 6.... :rolleyes:
    I agree. The same logic applies to 4 & 6.

And is there any particular reason why you picked on my post?

Not really attacking the poster lads. I am asking him to respond which is my right. OK I was a bit sarcastic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

SeanW wrote:
    people complain about the number of provisional licenseholders on the roads when the driver testing service is a non-functional shambles.
    A driver testing service is a basic function of road safety, which works EVERYWHERE ELSE and FF has had 10 years to fix it.

It's been a shambles for at least 30 years. The amnesty was in 1979, it was in crisis then and it's hard to think of a time since then when it wasn't.
    All parties who have been in power during that time have to accept some responsibility.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

Advertisement