Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fenlon quits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wonder what's happened.

Forced out?

To quit after just eleven games is quite a shock I have to say, even with the record he leaves there, it's a major shock for someone of his supposed talent as a manager to just quit.

Could he be on his way to Bohs?

I reckon Felix Healy will come in as caretaker, possibly as manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Not surprising at all. I wonder if the ''personal reasons'' refers to him commuting to Derry all week? Not a chance of him off to Bohs now, I can't think of any other club looking for a manager so I reckon the difficulty of commuting and the awful start to the season and pressure that comes with that has taken its toll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Is there a question over his commitment if he wasn't living in Derry.

With a young family I suppose its a big decision to make.

Team has gone backwards since last season and players like Greg O'Halloran and Rogers were not going to move the team forward.

They are playing Champions League in a month or so, so there will be big decision to be made by Derry.

Is there a question over his commitment
    With a young family I
    No question of committment up to now, the family couldn't be uprooted from Dublin in the middle of the school year, simple as that.

Peter Hutton will be in charge in the interim.

http://www.derrycityfc.net/season/07/news/displaystory.php?storyid=103
    The Chairman and Board of Derry City Football Club have this morning announced that they regrettably have accepted the resignation of manager Pat Fenlon.

We would like to thank Pat for his efforts on behalf of the club and wish him well for the future.

Peter Hutton, with assistance from Anthony Gorman, will assume control of team affairs with immediate effect.

It is our hope that the staff and players will be allowed to prepare for this weeks game without undue pressure from any source.

There is talk that Connor may take over?! :confused:

Nutsy to Bohs I reckon anyway. Bohs will shaft Connor sooner or later, they always do to their managers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fenlon for Athlone!

well... I can dream can't i?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah sounds fair enough...probably should have thought that one through before moving, but whatever...shels could always use you back pat. :) Unfortunate for Derry, really good side with a really good manager, given time they would have been a great couple. Unfortunate for the league.

Roll on the manager merry-go-round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

seansouth wrote:
    Bohs will shaft Connor sooner or later, they always do to their managers.

Add up all the managers Bohs have had over the past 15 years, and do the same for the other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

The Derry gig is Dolan's btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bateman wrote:
    Add up all the managers Bohs have had over the past 15 years, and do the same for the other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

The Derry gig is Dolan's btw

8 in 15 years, we had 5, shels had 4 or 5 :D

Reckon Dolan wil take it also but not for a while.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nutsy's wife and daughter didn't want to move to the north-west.

That's why he left.

No doubt he'll end up with the Gypos sooner rather than later.

Dolan is involved with Wallace with Wexford Youths, and I'm sure he is being paid handsomely by Santa Sports to present the Premiership coverage, which is due to increase next season.

I can't see him going to Derry.

Matthews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

seansouth wrote:
    Matthews?

I think he has a well-paid job in the financial sector and would have no interest in taking the Derry job.

Tbh, I doubt they'd have any interest in him either.

It'll either be Hutton or someone from outside the league imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wasn't Mark Kin-SELL-a interviews last November? Perhaps he might be in the frame again?

Advertisement