Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would McDowell Leave the PD's for FF

Options
  • 22-05-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭

This is just a question I want to throw out there. Say in the election if the PD's only win one or two seats, can you see Michael McDowell jumping ship and swimming over to FF? This thought kinda scares me as he would then have very good chance of becoming a future Taoiseach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Floppybits wrote:
    This is just a question I want to throw out there. Say in the election if the PD's only win one or two seats, can you see Michael McDowell jumping ship and swimming over to FF? This thought kinda scares me as he would then have very good chance of becoming a future Taoiseach.

Nah, the bouncers would not let him in, especially Biffo who wants that job.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

McDowell's pedigree would be more Fine Gael than Fianna Fail, but they mightn't want him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

in a heartbeat
    the only thing that would stop him would be that he would be a backbencher i really dont think that ff would ever elect him leader the pd's i don't think are that liked amongst the party more seen as a neccessary evil.

Floppybits wrote:
    can you see Michael McDowell jumping ship and swimming over to FF?

Well as he was a former member of Fine Gael, I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Well as he was a former member of Fine Gael, I seriously doubt it.

Yeah because there are such huge idealogical differences between FF and FG is it 1900 Gardai or 2000 issues like that cannot be resolved its not like the DUP and SF :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Yeah because there are such huge idealogical differences between FF and FG

There are not many.

But not too many hopping in and out of both parties like musical chairs either.

Advertisement