Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running for charity

• 22-05-2007 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:) I am writing from DEBRA Ireland, a national charity with a big mission, to ask you to support our charity through your activities in 2007/08.

DEBRA Ireland is a registered charity set up to raise awareness of and offer support to patients and families affected by the rare genetic skin condition, Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). This is a very distressing and painful disorder which causes the skin layers and internal body linings to separate and blister at the slightest touch.

Any friction can produce painful blistering which have to be lanced to prevent them spreading. Even in the mildest forms of EB, simple tasks such as walking or typing can be transformed into impossible ordeals. Wounds need to be dressed daily and are painful; changing dressings can take an average two to three a day in severe cases.

Fundraising and donations are vital so that DEBRA Ireland can fund services and research for patients and families with EB.

There is no cure and no effective treatment.

We are aware of all the hard work and dedication that running clubs and runners put into training for Marathons and Half Marathons. We would like to make an appeal to all runners and ask them to take one event and run for DEBRA Ireland, this not only raises much needed funding but also vital awareness for small charities such as ours.

DEBRA Ireland is getting more involved in marathons by putting packages together for runners, whether it’s to run in Ireland or overseas we can help you out. This year we are also looking to recruit runners to take part in the Disney Marathon.

DEBRA Ireland can offer you any additional help you may need to organise fundraising and raise awareness in your club. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01-6785044.

Thank you for taking the time to read this e-mail, I hope that you will be able to help us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

Niamh Herrity

Assistant Fundraiser

DEBRA Ireland

3/4 Pembroke St
    Dublin 2

Ph: 01 6785044

Fax: 01 6785232 :)

Advertisement