Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Road Retail Park

Options
  • 22-05-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Looks nearly finished......does anyone know whats going in there besides Woodies of course!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Not a clue - I hope the uptake in units isn't as slow as it is in the "new" Jetland. It'll be good to have a retail park like this on this side of the city - but I dread to think what it's going to do to the already stressed traffic situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I've to drive out the Ennis to work every day...I'm feckin dreadin that place opening....specially Thursday and Friday evenings..:mad: roll on the tunnel!!

another point about it, anyone else think they made the roundabout a bit too small....if you end up going round with an artic truck, it gets pretty tight at times, seems like they could have made it bigger???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this place behind the Jetland Centre or the new place just off the Coonagh Roundabout?

It's the one opposite the Jetland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

whoops...mixing up my shopping centres :o ....forgot about that one...even more traffic...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Oh ok, thanks.

Anybody know who are going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

At least the Jetand has two entrances and exits unlike the Childers Road Dunnes

bazz26 wrote:
    Oh ok, thanks.

Anybody know who are going in there?

Not a clue... strange... the OP was wondering the same thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

sioda wrote:
    At least the Jetand has two entrances and exits unlike the Childers Road Dunnes

I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near any of the big shopping centres during normal shopping hours ......

total planned chaos !!!! ..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Cant wait to see whats goin in there. Hope its something good
    like PC World or Dixons like out by the Dublin road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

ricey wrote:
    Cant wait to see whats goin in there. Hope its something good
    like PC World or Dixons like out by the Dublin road.

ricey "something good" and "Dixons or PC World" - you shouldn't use those words in the same sentence. You might rephrase it to "Cant wait to see whats goin in there. Hope its something good but not PC World or Dixons like out by the Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

One thing i absolutely hate about new shopping centres/ retail parks opening in this city is the duplication of shops already in the city, the only extra choice we're getting when these open is not different shops with different products, but the same shops in a different location, anybody else get annoyed by that or am i just weird?

I've been waiting for M&S to start up in Limerick since I was born .....

I plan to put on my headstone ...... "When will M&S arrive in Limerick?" .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm going to say NEVER seeing as Athlone and Tralee are even getting M&S's now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

What is so great about another english chain store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

M&S is just a great store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I've been in the one in Cork a few times - what's the hype about it???

Their food section is just fantastic and their ready to eat grub is far superior to anythign on the market.

I find their clothes to be great value as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

golden wrote:
    What is so great about another english chain store?
    well there better than all the irish ones, doesn't interest me personally but I hear its a great store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

The food is better but more expensive, the clothes are ok having said that they do different lenghts in trousers ie short/long legged. Its a pity that some Irish stores can not have the same standard as the M&S Food alright. A few years back they were not doing so good in England and the Irish retail end of things were better do not know whether that has remained the same.

• Advertisement

golden wrote:
    The food is better but more expensive, the clothes are ok having said that they do different lenghts in trousers ie short/long legged. Its a pity that some Irish stores can not have the same standard as the M&S Food alright. A few years back they were not doing so good in England and the Irish retail end of things were better do not know whether that has remained the same.

Yup afaik they've managed to pull themselves out of the funk they were in a couple of years ago...

back OT... I really can't see a store like that locating to a retail park though.

Yup afaik they've managed to pull themselves out of the funk they were in a couple of years ago...

If share price is anything to go by M&S have almost trebled in value in the last 3 years ..... :eek:

M&S ireland at one stage were supporting the entire M&S chain in england

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Irish Wolf wrote:
    back OT... I really can't see a store like that locating to a retail park though.

Likewise. Aren't they rumoured to be 'definitely' going into the Opera Centre? :rolleyes: (Like they were def going into the old Spaights site, and the Roches site, and the Royal George at one time....) I would love them to move here but won't believe it until I see it.

^^ Dont forget the site that old Dunnes now Dunnes Home is in :)

Had a brief glimpse of the Ennis road retail park progress out at the Elm Motors roundabout ........ looks like lots of progress

when are the first units due to open I wonder? .... :confused:

I say about 2 weeks

I say about 2 weeks

2 weeks!! :eek: I passed it there this evening - doesn't look like they got the windows in in the front units which is going to be the flagship store... I'd be well impressed if its open that soon...

Irish Wolf wrote:
    2 weeks!! :eek: I passed it there this evening - doesn't look like they got the windows in in the front units which is going to be the flagship store... I'd be well impressed if its open that soon...

fiiine 3 weeks :D

• Advertisement

fiiine 3 weeks :D

:( I'll be on my holidays and miss all the opening day bargains...

:p

Advertisement