Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom uploading ?

Options
  • 22-05-2007 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have a question now i have eircom 2mbs plan and its written that uploads are unlimited,so is there a difference between if i upload something to internet or somebody downloads from me and it shows as an upload ?coz im using bittorents now and upload is huge from me and i dont want to go over limit as before i had 1gb of free upload only:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinkiss

any ideas anyone ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If someone download's from you it will mostly count as a upload on eircoms dsl stats , a tiny bit will be added to your download from it. (used to negotiate transfer)

Don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinkiss

Thanks TUXY for Info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

upload = upstream
    doesnt matter who starts what, its purely based on the direction of the data traffic :-)

Advertisement