Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here running a Intel Xeon X3210 2.13GHz

Options
  • 22-05-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if Anyone here is running a Intel Xeon X3210 2.13GHz im thinking about picking one up for a new system build that im doing from what ive read they are sweet for overclocking but run a bit hot on the present stepping .but it €100 less than the Q6600 i know the Q6600 is running each core @ 2.4GHZ and the XEON is running @ 2.13GHZ But for €395 for a quad core seems ok .
    Anyhow if anyone out there has had a chance to play with one of these babys let me know how you got on ????? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

I've seen these hit 53degress C when running full load. that was overclocked slightly greater that the Q series. think it was running around 2.6-2.8, there should be no prob getting these up and above 3.2 with the right cooling. I'm running 2 intel Xeon on my web server and never had any issues. think i hit 11% use at one stage. not bad processors for a decent price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Are these xeons 775 or 771?

As apparently the 771's arnt known to be good overclockers. Especially as 771 boards are a nightmare to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

They're Socket775 (Kentsfield core), they would fit on any 965/975/P35/i680 board. Lovely chips, but you really need a good 965 (Commando) or P35 (P5K Dlx) board to be able to overclock them around 400-500MHz fsb. It will be wasted on an nForce-based board or even on a 975X one.

Ofcourse, like every other quad core out there, they are *hot*. Unless you have water or at least high-end air cooling, don't even think about overclocking it :)

If I was you, I'd wait another 2 months (22nd July) and get the Q6600 for < 300€.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Advertisement