Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Fried Chicken

• 22-05-2007 12:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Brothers,is there anything tastier or indeed healthier than a bucket of spicy,mouthwatering fried chicken?If there is i'd like to hear of it.Anyway i come here today to see what everybody's favourite establishment is.Mine own would be Hillbillies in Fairview..succulent chicken and two for the price of obe snackboxes on tuesdays!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Popeyes... but its only in the US... Obviosly there is KFC here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

was gonna say hillbullies too.
    excellent restauarant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm so there now! I like the Chicken out the Hamburger bar on the Killbarrack Rd and also Marios on the Malahide Rd but must give Hillbillies a try now and compare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fûcking A! I can't believe that they named a chicken joint after me.
    Wait til I tell Mrs Billy - she'll pïss herself!

The best fried chicken I've had was Tennessee Fried Chicken in High Wycombe. Denis's kebab vans in High Wycombe were also spectacular, but not as good as Envar's in the Altstadt in Dusseldorf.

But I digress...

(Note to self - Potential business opportunity arranging "Take Away Food Tours of Europe")

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

flanzer wrote:
    I'm so there now! I like the Chicken out the Hamburger bar on the Killbarrack Rd and also Marios on the Malahide Rd but must give Hillbillies a try now and compare!

Hamburger bar?I'd almost forgotten about that place!!You're right though,the chicken from there is delish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On a provincial level The Chicken Hut in Limerick is pretty good, and rightly famous for it's legendary chips with gravy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

HF NOOOOOOO not the souper chip but will add to the BG in a large way. :)

Not fried chicken but Deep Fried Chicken goujons from kettle of Fish in Gort beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

<snip>

grow up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

thats blasphemous i wont hear a bad word said about the good colonel, i dont care what happens to the chickens they taste good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

julesrtc wrote:
    IM NEVER GOING TO KFC AFTER READING THIS..
    ITS UPSETTING SO DONT LOOK IF U DONT WANT TO..

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

Learn to f***ing type, will you. And while you are at it, lose the hysteria.

On topic, I have to admit I am very partial to Superquinn's own Southern Fried Chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I'd have to say Leungs Chinese TakeAway in Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin.

The fried chicken wings are just delicious, nice dry* crispy outside with a firm juicy meat inside.

However, if your order is over €25 you get the wings for free!

Best,
    P.
    *(I point this out because some fried chicken you get in some places have parts of the crispy coating just hanging off in bits...not here!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

flanzer wrote:

i live within staggering distance of the Hamburger Bar ... best snack box in the country :) and it's three doors up from an off-licence ... and the offy is right beside a pizzeria, owned by the same Italian dynasty ...

all we need now is for the spar in the middle to stock pr0n and this would be the kind of shopping district that Carlsberg could only dream on.:)

trout wrote:
    best snack box in the country :)

To be honest brother, I prefer the Dinner Box! ;)

trout wrote:
    i live within staggering distance of the Hamburger Bar ... best snack box in the country :) and it's three doors up from an off-licence ... and the offy is right beside a pizzeria, owned by the same Italian dynasty ...

all we need now is for the spar in the middle to stock pr0n and this would be the kind of shopping district that Carlsberg could only dream on.:)

Dont forget the seafront isnt to far away where ya can go and consume your snakbox and drink your cans,especially now that the mild evenings are here!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Degsy wrote:
    Dont forget the seafront isnt to far away where ya can go and consume your snakbox and drink your cans,especially now that the mild evenings are here!:D
    Sad, we used to do exactly that at said establishment 20 years ago.

I'll pop by tomorrow for a trip down mamory-lane....only in my car...and driving away...quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Used to live in Rathfarnham and the chicken in 'The Village' chipper (previously Vincents, previously Cascarinos) was to die for. I do like my fried chicken, and the breast up there was one of the best I have ever had. Been about 2 years since I was there last so it may have gone down hill since, but I hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

like others have said, hillbillys in fairview does great chicken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

HILLBILLYS and its coming to tralee in a few weeks. Always had to wait for a trip to cork for the sexyness of it.......no longer!!!!

On another note nothing in my mind will beat a good kfc(yes i know its a chain but when you get a good kfc youl know it.....teh sex)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Snackbox from The Fingal Cafe Chipper in Swords Village is fantastic.

Surprisingly, the chicken in supermacs is quite good in my opinion

Snackbox from The Fingal Cafe Chipper in Swords Village is fantastic.

Agreed re supermacs.Its allways nice and juicy and very tasty.Cheap too.9/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

brothers, whilest you all have great suggestions, it must be said that the elephant and castle chicken wings are the creme de la creme, the soup de jour, the piece de resistance, charles de gaulle. garlic. frogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I do like the chicken breast burger from supermacs and it's hard to beat the gravy snack box from chicken hut in Limerick.

I tried out one of McDonalds Mexican meals yesterday, went with the chicken strips and cayenne pepper sauce. Absolute muck and to be avoided brothers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 replicantface

I'm sure all these fried chicken joints are wonderful but I'm not sorry to say that I personally make the greatest fried chicken on the planet. I've spent many years perfecting the best chicken to use, the best oil, the perfect recipe, the timings to ensure everything is absolutely succulent and crispy in the right places.

I would open a restaurant but this chicken's just too damn good for mass consumption.

If any of you lucky lucky people wants to test how delicious it is, I'll deliver an entire piping hot fried chicken (for those unfamiliar with what entire chicken comprises, that's two legs, two breasts, two thighs, two wings) to your house for a mere fifty quid. A true bargain.

My chicken gravy is the world's greatest too but just don't get me started on that one.

50 euro for a chicken :O

60 to you.

Without the wings.

you drive a hard bargain...
    70 and ill collect

80 and you'll get your chicken choked.

• Advertisement

its not that kind of forum...
    im going to mass to get confession instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I've spent many years perfecting the best chicken to use

Genetic engineering?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah Supermacs do some good chicken. Pity, their chips are rank.

Yeah Supermacs do some good chicken. Pity, their chips are rank.

EVERYTHING else is rank in that place.The chicken is the only thing remotley good value.Dunne's stores in the stephen's green centre also do excellent fried chicken(in the oven) but it tends to sell out really quickly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Degsy wrote:
    EVERYTHING else is rank in that place.The chicken is the only thing remotley good value.Dunne's stores in the stephen's green centre also do excellent fried chicken(in the oven) but it tends to sell out really quickly.

Even the coke is pretty piss poor. How can you fúck up coke?

Just finished off a dinner box from The Hamburger Bar...absolutely delish! I'd love another one, only I've had a few beers so can't drive....not worth the walk I don't think, as I'd be in danger of burning off some calories!

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote:
    Just finished off a dinner box from The Hamburger Bar...absolutely delish! I'd love another one, only I've had a few beers so can't drive....not worth the walk I don't think, as I'd be in danger of burning off some calories!

They deliver you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Hmmm, the Kilbarrack Road seems like a worthwhile place to visit.
    KFC is decent enough, but one thing they do well is the hot wings. The batter is more spicy than the normal stuff, I'd take a bucket of hot wings, never mind the other stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Have to give another plus point to Hillbillies, their chicken is fantastic. Plan to visit all three (two in Cork I think and the one in Fairview) in one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

The best fried chicken to be had is made by big 'ol baptist women folk in southern Indiana or Kentucky. "Baptist Manna" I call it. My great-grandma was one of those women. Dang, could she cook!

jonnybadd wrote:
    Have to give another plus point to Hillbillies, their chicken is fantastic. Plan to visit all three (two in Cork I think and the one in Fairview) in one day

Listen very carefully.On tuesdays hillbillys do TWO snackboxes for the price of one.All day.I was in there yesterday and gorged myself silly.I'm going back next tuesday and the one after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Degsy wrote:
    Listen very carefully.On tuesdays hillbillys do TWO snackboxes for the price of one.All day.I was in there yesterday and gorged myself silly.I'm going back next tuesday and the one after that!
    2 snackboxes for the price of 1 ?? ZOMG!!1! :eek:
    I predict a trip to Fairview on Tuesday ... must reserve a bench in Fairview park for a post prandial nap. See you there Brothers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

molocas in enniscorthy
    worth the trip

Hill billies all the way
    Their gravy is delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Degsy wrote:

Only runs to 7pm on Tuesdays. Was in there this week. Had the combo meal with breast. Superb. The Colonel kisses Hillbillys balls.
    3 hot wings for €1.65, 10 for €5.25.

Advertisement