Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three USB Datamodem

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For anyone wondering I've just been playing Natural Selection on this for about an hour and it seems stable enough. pings are 56k-like but what do you expect? I could still shoot my fair share :

Not recommended for a serious gamer but for the occasional game it would seem (based on this one trial!) alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

ciaranfo wrote:
    How much is this outside my 10gig? I rang 3 customer care to hear one person prompting another on the phone (ok, so it was 1am and whatever else .... !). I asked how much outside my cap and she said 0.05c. This is half a cent. I asked her was it 1c per 2meg and she said yes.

I then asked something else and then at the end asked again, was it 1c per 2meg outside my cap and she said yes.

Is this correct? Can anyone find this on the website? I'm clearly blind :(

++ edit ++
    The website says 5c per MB .. http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm
    Lovely stuff. My first experience with 3 customer care and they got it wrong. I feel thrilled to have become one of the million :)

The website (that you quote) clearly reads 0,05€ which is 5 cent, not half a cent. Yes, the tubby got it wrong by totting it up as 1c for 2 megs, but did the question ever really need to be asked? It has been a talking point since I revealed the prices for the new tariff a month before they were introduced, as 5 cent was not only a welcome surprise after the 0,49€ penalty of the existing 3MB tariff but also trounces Vodafone's 0,12€ per meg out-of-bundle cost. And, as you've seen, the info is readily available on the datamodem's dedicated page.

I only got the modem yesterday and I didn't notice the pricing on the website as I didn't really look at it beforehand. I then didn't expect it to be so obviously and open so I was rooting through T&C to find the amount.

I only seen it on the website after my post and before my edit .. after the phone call to Three. 0.05c ... half a cent ... not even one cent ... these are all way I said it back to the girl on the phone and she said "yes, yes and definitly yes".

It wasn't just her totting up that was wrong, it was the per MB amount too. Basically, she got it all completely wrong. Simple as.

yes, yes .. it's all on the website but I didn't notice it before I rang them and I'm disgusted they got it so blatently wrong when I asked them to confirm it about 10 times.

Oh the fun we Early Adopters have, n'est-ce pas? :-)

It's absolutely ridiculous when you, I and just about everyone on this board know more about 3, its tariffs, charges, handsets and modems than either the call centre support staff or the people who man the shops, for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

culabula wrote:
    Oh the fun we Early Adopters have, n'est-ce pas? :-)

It's absolutely ridiculous when you, I and just about everyone on this board know more about 3, its tariffs, charges, handsets and modems than either the call centre support staff or the people who man the shops, for the most part.

At this point my dog knows more than Three.

• Advertisement

"Data modem invalid"

Does this mean 3s broadband is down? Been getting it since last night and can't seem to make a connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

I think that indicates a modem problem on ur end. Working fine for me anyway.

Lovely. Rang up and spoke to 3 customer care who transferred me to their "tech". I'm on hold 7 mins now ... we'll see if they can help out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I work in a computer shop and had a quick play with the three modem today, pretty impressed other than the high pings

do you need to sign up for a 12 month contract before you can get the 10gb package or can you treat it as a pay as you go type package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It's a 12 month contract since they subsidise the modem.

• Advertisement

Just reinstalled everything and it's working fine now. Very strange how it's just stopped working twice now.

And there's my 46 active life mins gone for my call to tech :D

Mine has been sluggish today.

It's just a few hours now until I change over from 3GB to 10GB. For a few days now I have been unable to check my account details on My3 (other than the amount of data remaining to me), so I suppose that's happening because of the changeover. As of right now, I can still use it for voice and SMS.

Advertisement