Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Called for Interview - MA In Journalism

Options
  • 22-05-2007 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just looking for advice or some pointers for anyone who may have done this last year.
    What kind of questions can I expect? I would not have alot of experience in Journalism so especially would like to hear from people who were in similar situation and hear how the got on..

Any help greatly appreciated.. I want to be as prepared as possible..
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i went for an interview last year for the MSc in Advertising. It was 2 lecturers from the course asking questions like an exam.

them: "in advertising, what is X?"
    me: "eh..."
    them: "and the role of the advertising agency is...?"
    me: "eh..." (while think... SURELY thats a very BROAD question to which there is no single answer)
    them: "we see you have applied for this masters and another one, which is your preference"
    me: "the other one... bye..."

true story... not funny... be prepared to be treated like a 12 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

hmmmmmmmm.

thankfully mine is going to be over the phone - so at least if i look like I'm falling apart they won't be able to tell!

thanks for the info, at least it gives us an idea of what direction they may take :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Interview is tomorrow! Anyone got any last minute advice?

mine is today aswell. looks like we're just gonna have to summon our best answers from within

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Conor, Fingal

Has anyone heard anything back yet after interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Conor, Fingal

I got the letter in the post today.. good news!

congrats. i was told i was accepted over the phone (as i was being interviewed via said medium) and am waiting on the letter to arrive. really excited about this, already booked my flight back to dublin :)

Advertisement