Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Debt Collectors

Options
  • 22-05-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I signed up for a weeks free trial over a year ago. They had a stall set up in a Shopping Centre in Galway and the reps were all smiles and assurances that I could try out the services for a week and if I wasn't happy there would be no hassle in cancelling. I doubted that I would be able to get reception where I lived (about 8 miles from the city) but I was talked into giving it a try. Sure it's no harm trying it out, who knows you might get reception. What had I to lose?

There was no reception where I lived. I cancelled the account (they had taken bank details) and asked what had I to do to send back the modem. I was waiting at least a week or two before they gave me the address.

For the next two months I was billed by them, I was very annoyed at this and I emailed them explaining how I cancelled the account and that I sent back the box. After several phone calls I thought the issue was sorted. Then a few weeks after that I got a call asking me to send back the modem. I told them I'd done this two months ago.

Finally I thought it was done and dusted. Until today, over a year after signing up I received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owed Clearwire over 300 euro. I rang the agency and told them I cancelled the account a year ago and that I don't owe Clearwire any money.

Has anyone else had any problems like this with Clearwire. The company is a complete shambles.

Comments

Advertisement