Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 310 replacement - unlocking maps

Options
  • 22-05-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 310 deluxe with pre-loaded UK & Ireland maps. The deluxe version comes with a DVD containing maps of Europe. I loaded part of Europe onto a memory card and it worked fine.

Two weeks ago, it developed a fault tracking satellites, so Garmin replaced it. The problem I've encountered is that it was replaced with a 310, but not the Deluxe version. I know the units are the same, but the maps on the memory card "couldn't be unlocked", presumably because the "unlock code" is "attached" to the unit.

I got through to Garmin (eventually) and spoke to several people, I was told to delete some of the files from the Garmin directory and re-transfer the maps of UK & Ireland. This didn't work, then I was told to go into MapSource and delete the unlock codes and re-install the one that came with the replacement unit. This worked, but I can only install maps for UK and Ireland - Europe doesn't work!

Am I right in thinking that I need a different unlock code for the replacement unit? The one I've got is for UK & Ireland only. The unlock code for the original unit (Europe) doesn't work with the new unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah, you need a new unlock code for the new receiver, to work with the European maps (unlock codes are device and map specific).. Go back to Garmin support..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richlatham

Thanks for that - it confirms what I thought.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Does the 310D contain both good major/minor road and city street plan maps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richlatham

It's the first Sat Nav I've had - they seem absolutely fine to me, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

It was 100% coverage in mid '06 so anything since then wont be on it until the next update but will have everything that was there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Hi,

Could anyone with v9 of Mapsource tell me whether they can find Ballintubber near Ballinrobe in County Mayo using the Find Places search function?

Ballintubber comes up in the search but unfortunately it is for another Ballintubber elsewhere in Ireland!

Just wondering whether there is a problem with my Mapsource as I can see it clearly on the map but can't locate it using the text search.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

Yes my search found Ballintubber in mayo (on the cloonaghmore river)
    It yielded 3 results....

Ballintubber, County Cork
    Ballintubber (Kincon), County (the word mayo was chopped)
    Ballintubber, County Laois

Choose the second one

I cannot figure what "Kincon" means

Advertisement