Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just bought a LOCKED N95

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Of course - but what of my original question... will a locked phone on Voda UK or 3 UK work with an equivalent Irish sim?

No, no and thrice no. Absolutely not. Don't even think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

culabula wrote:
    No, no and thrice no. Absolutely not. Don't even think about it.

You said it for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Perfect - thanks culabula, AlmightyCushion, and drdre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the sims are registered by their network number, e.g. vodafone is 27201, 3 is 27205. 3 uk has a different network number. they have the same name and are run by the same people but as far as the sims are concerned they're completely different networks

the sims are registered by their network number, e.g. vodafone is 27201, 3 is 27205. 3 uk has a different network number. they have the same name and are run by the same people but as far as the sims are concerned they're completely different networks
    Interesting.I never knew that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

drdre wrote:
    Interesting.I never knew that

Yeah I had often wondered how they did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

ahhhh...i see!
    good man vimes!!!

Sorry if this has already been reported elsewhere but i just noticed that the mobile shop in Sth Gt George's St in Dublin is now unlocking most of the BB5s (he claims). Almost all of the E series (with the curious exception of the E61) can be unlocked along with the N95!

The shop is called, somewhat unimaginatively, "Mobile Repair Shop" or somesuch.

culabula wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been reported elsewhere but i just noticed that the mobile shop in Sth Gt George's St in Dublin is now unlocking most of the BB5s (he claims). Almost all of the E series (with the curious exception of the E61) can be unlocked along with the N95!

The shop is called, somewhat unimaginatively, "Mobile Repair Shop" or somesuch.

I think you mean the chinese guy beside fm mobiles on georges street

Could be but whatever his origins, he's saying that he can unlock.

• Advertisement

culabula wrote:
    Could be but whatever his origins, he's saying that he can unlock.

If its him he is a master of unlocking.Can bloody unlock anything and repair anything.I have used him afew times and would recommend him.Is a bit expensive sometimes but its worth it.

drdre wrote:
    If its him he is a master of unlocking.Can bloody unlock anything and repair anything.I have used him afew times and would recommend him.Is a bit expensive sometimes but its worth it.

I wonder why he can unlock the E60 and E62 but not the E61/61i? It was closed when I went past and so could not enquire.[HTML][/HTML]

culabula wrote:
    I wonder why he can unlock the E60 and E62 but not the E61/61i? It was closed when I went past and so could not enquire.

He must be able to unlock them.If you want his number just send me a pm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Please use the unlocking thread for all unlocking queries, as it says clearly in the sticky. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement