Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom(Netopia) to CLearwire

• 22-05-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hey guys, just hoping that I can get a little help from someone a bit more knowledgeable than myself on this.

I've just been hooked up the Clearwire product and all is going fine with that. I'm now looking to use my old Netopia 2247NWG (eircom wifi) router and share my new clearwire conection around the house.

I've googled this and also read through here but I'm having issues getting the netopia to share the Clearwire connection.

Two stupid questions first though:

Does the Netopia do that blind sharing thing, like share all connections/data across all ports? Or will I have to get a new cable to connect the Clearwire box into the Netopia using the port that I used to have the phone line plugged into.

and second, am I pi$$ing against the wall here? I'm reasonably technical, but I've kinda just gotten lost in all of this. IF anyone even had a linky for a step by step guide for bridging the Netopia I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The netopia router does not have a WAN port so you will have to set it up in Bridged Mode.

It should be in the advanced connection settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

so does that mean i can just plug the clearwire into an ethernet port on the back of the netopia. then the connection will be shared across my wireless network?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This has been asked numerous times as ex eircom customers move to wireless or cable - the easiest option is to buy a wireless router.

Several people claimed to have got the netopia working in this role but it does seem pretty hit and miss if I recall correctly from the various threads.

The phone connection is for phone connects btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i see
    i figured it might not be that easy alright. thanks for the info though.

if anyone has any better ideas but looks like it'll be a wireless router for me next payday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

nurse_baz wrote:
    i see
    i figured it might not be that easy alright. thanks for the info though.

if anyone has any better ideas but looks like it'll be a wireless router for me next payday
    You'll pick one up cheap enough from the likes of Peats for about €60.

• Advertisement
Advertisement