Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shower tray and Tiles?

Options
  • 22-05-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I am just about to fit a new shower tray. I haven't put one in in ages. I am also going to tile the whole room, floor and walls.

Does anyone have any tips on what I should do first? Should I tile the wall and then fit the tray and seal. Or should I fit the tray and tile down to it?

Or does it matter either way!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

fit tray and then tile to it.is this a new build or renovation. Try and sit the tray behind the wall surface if possible and seal it well. Again, avoid movement in the tray. There is a new seal on the market which will act against any movement in studwork and trays etc. Cant think of the name but i saw it in b&q in limerick today. What ever it costs it is the only job for security

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

I fitted a tray recently onto a timber floor. I Woodies No-Nailed (Glue) it to the floor and sealed it to the wall & floor with silcon. Then tiled the walls followed by floor and sealed it to both again.

Solid as a rock. This was a solid tray, no supports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Thanks for the replies.

Just another quick question. There is another post in the forum about tiles falling off the wall in the bathroom. I have never had any problems with this, but can anyone recommend any shower proof adhesive and decent sealer?

The beatin' I would get if these tiles fall off!!!!:eek:

Advertisement