Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite dog breed?

Options
  • 22-05-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Which one is your favorite dog breed and which one is your least favorite dogbreed?
    Annika

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

French Bulldog, hands down favourite. Followed by Dobermanns.

I don't really dislike any dog breed, except maybe snappy Jack russells. If they're not snappy they're all good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Bulldogs are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Favourite: Airedale terrier.
    Least favourite: all slobbery dogs like bulldogs, mastiffs etc.

Alun, I was training an airedale terrier the other day it's a lovely breed, I don't think there are many of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I like most dog breeds really. Since I own two, obviously I know a bit more about sighthounds, and I love whippets, salukis, borzois and deerhounds.
    Others I like are rhodesian ridgebacks, daschunds, dobermans are lovely too.

Not mad about springer spaniels, cavalier king charles spaniels, boxers, rotties or GSDs.... but I dont dislike them.

• Advertisement

fits, you have great taste, of course;) , RR has to be mine of my favorite:D

Annika30 wrote:
    Alun, I was training an airedale terrier the other day it's a lovely breed, I don't think there are many of them around.
    Yes, they're beautiful dogs, very strong. They used to use them in Germany as police dogs in addition to German Shepherds, but I'm not sure whether they still do.

As for Rhodesian Ridgebacks, the only time a dog has "gone for me" it was a very large RR, after the owners specifically told me he was fine, and wouldn't mind being stroked .. nearly took my hand off, but they did apologize profusely afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

My favourite are Staffies (cos we have one) and boxers cos i think they are great craic!!

My least favourite is the small little yappy terriers can think of there names now but there are two up the street from us and always follow us down the street barking at us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Red setter, we have had many over the years and they bring back alot of childhood memories. Lovely, proud dogs. :) Least favourite would be Shih Tzu, not a fan of stubbed nosed dogs.

Ruu wrote:
    Red setter, we have had many over the years and they bring back alot of childhood memories. Lovely, proud dogs. :) Least favourite would be Shih Tzu, not a fan of stubbed nosed dogs.

Shih Tzu - Thats the ones!!
    don't like them little feckers at all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

German Shorthaired Pointers

We have 2 wonderful specimens - if I do say so myself.

Dislike small 'toy' dogs.

I have to agree some of the small toy breeds wouldn't be on my favorite list......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Have to vote for the sighthounds! Greyhounds, lurchers, whippets etc! Beautiful looking animals with lovely temperaments.

I'm not mad about little lap dogs who seem to be just bred for the cuteness factor. They're a bit pointless. Although i've never owned one so I'm a bit biased.

Glowing, yes they really do have a fantastic temperament!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Favourite breed - German Shepherds and belgian shepherds.
    I love most of the big breeds
    Least favourite - small toy breeds - had bad experience with them when I was young and not a fan of the slobbery dogs lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

English Bull Terrier. Loved them since I was a kid (much to my folks horror) I will never own one (might as well be walking a rabid panther when it comes to some people) I just think they are one of the friendliest best looking dogs.

terrier.jpg

Not everyones cup of tea.

Haha! No definitely not everyones cup of tea, but I think they are cute and they do have a lovely temperament:D

I really like these boyos aswell although I seem to like all of the bull breeds now that i think of it....

250px-American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg
    American Bull terrier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

My brother's got a Basset hound - lovely dog... daft as a brush! My preference would lean towards a Great Dane or a flavour of Mastiff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

Am sorry you all are not that fond of terriers but I would say jack russells are a get dog and if you get the right one they can be a childs best friend.:D :D . I do however love Siberian huskies. Very loveing and very good lookin. I am not that keen on beshones (don't know how to spell. but the whit ones like mini sheep):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The English Bull Terrier is a terrier, so is that other Bull Terrier.

Nearly forgot .. another favourite dog, one that you rarely see oustide of Belgium and the Netherlands, is the Bouvier, especially the "blonde" ones .. just like a great big teddy bear on four legs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Has to be a lab or a Dobermann bouth great dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

Boxers and maltese are my favourite!!!

heres a pic of max and gypsy two of my boxers and a puppy taht i gave my nephew for his confirmation he called him Milo!!!
    Least favourte are jack russells but i like all dogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

I'll say all my mogrels and the magical mix they are but that's not a very helpful answer ;)

I adore the grace of all the sighthounds, especially greyhounds. A rescued racer is definietly the next dog.

And I'm not fond of King Charles Spaniels or Westies but maybe I just met some pampered, spoiled ones.

shinners007, Wow they are beautiful:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bex01

I own a German Shepherd so I love them. I also love rotties & staffs cause any that I've met have been so friendly. Oh and greyhounds too, I think they are really loving.

I dont dislike any breeds really, not too fond of the smaller yappy dogs I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

German shepherds hands down :) I own one and want to get at least another later on once my boy is grown up more. We've always had dogs such as labs, retrievers, springers etc around the house gorgeous dogs but not as intelligent as my shepherd. My jack russel was a sweet heart too.

I can't stand those small toy dogs that yap and yap and yap and those chinese crested naked things :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have a german shepherd cross and yes they are fantastic, but she's not that bright:p You can see pictures of her on my website she's absolutely gorgeous.

Advertisement