Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite dog breed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

They are so cute! Is that your horse as well? I sold my horse a while back and I really miss going to the stable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Annika30 wrote:
    I have a german shepherd cross and yes they are fantastic, but she's not that bright:p You can see pictures of her on my website she's absolutely gorgeous.

Annika your pups are gorgeous!

Here's a link to my German shepherd's video's i have alot on there :D

jake's video's

and my beauty...

P1030646.jpg

They are amazing!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

ya dolly is my horse i rescued her from a guy who wasnt looking after her, she gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I love Cocker Spaniel's, Bloodhound's, Bassethound's, Border Collies, Springer Spaniel's and nearly all dog's really except, Jack Russell's or small yappy type dog's. Not big on scrawney Grey hounds or similar or any dog that you can't see their eyes, i.e. very hairy ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Needless to say mine is Dobermans, followed by german shepards and beagles. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 princess k

having had 1 for 12 years,has to be japanese akita. lovely dogs,bit stubborn at times,but very loving and great with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

has to be the mastiff one of the most loving dogs i have ever met and so low maintainence on the exercise front:p but seriously makes up for it on the food front:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

neacy69 wrote:
    Shih Tzu - Thats the ones!!
    don't like them little feckers at all!!!

These and similar types like llaso apso (hope I spelled that right !) and tibetian terrier are my favourites. I'm surprised that the majority of you prefer the bigger breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm a sucker for anything shaggy, as long as it is a reasonable size.

lookswise this fellow would be my favourite

South-Russian-Ovtcharka.gif

(a "South Russian Ovtcharka" btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

My favourite breed of dog would have to be Alsatian. They are big, strong, they make good guard dogs and IMO they are highly intelligent.

They breed of dogs I like least is small "toy" dogs like sh1tzu etc. They just annoy me, probably because of their constanst screeching and yelping. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

i like german shepherds, belgian mailinois/tervuren shepherds, rotties, dobies, gold retrievers, springer spaniels, dachshundss, jack russells and border collies, staffies, beagles, 'pitbull types', greyhounds/lurchers/salukis etc all a lot.

not too keen on labs

hate yorkies, ****zus, westies, most small dogs really. i really can't stand king charles spaniels and their ilk. at all. awful creatures. cats don't do much for me either :D
    edit, i can't type 'shi tzu', i dunno how it's meant to be spelled. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

nice to see the shepherds coming out on top.

truly the kings and queens of the canine world. a smarter or more loyal dog there is not
    IMG_1262.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Pugs are the best ever!

Huge personalities and they really have a sense of humour along with their stubborn streak!

I would be lost without mine!!

Poser.jpg

Would love one of these if I got a bigger garden/house

bullmastiff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Favourite Big(gish) Dogs - German Shepherd, border collie (have one), lab, boxer, mastiff.

Smaller dogs - daschund (have one), pug (wish I had one), welsh corgi, beagle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

look at my huskies www.siberianhuskyni.comlook at me.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Gotta be the GSD!:D

How could you not love this guy!
    As a pup and now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

andrawolf wrote:
    look at my huskies www.siberianhuskyni.comlook at me.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

Andrawolf, they are both very beautiful! Possibly my favourite breed.
    I do like the temperament of the border collie though, and they also are very intelligent and beautiful animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Great Danes are far and away my favourite breed closely followed by Greys and lurchers. I'd love to have a Staffie at some point too as any I've ever met have been great humoured dogs. My least favourite breed is the Westie. I've never owned one but have fostered and transported them and their personality just doesnt suit me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 munsterchick

Oh no, I love my little jack russel,We have always had Jrt growing up. But I asolutely love rotties and german shepards. Just don't have the room for them at the moment, My OH loves staffies, he grew up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

There are so many toy dog haters out there!!
    Personally my fave is the shih tzu. I've got one at the moment and she's the most adorable, good tempered affectionate dog I've come across in a while. (I'm very biased, I know!)

Least favourite would be the pit bull, they are really scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Lola123 wrote:
    There are so many toy dog haters out there!!
    Personally my fave is the shih tzu. I've got one at the moment and she's the most adorable, good tempered affectionate dog I've come across in a while. (I'm very biased, I know!)

Least favourite would be the pit bull, they are really scary!

I love shih tzus also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Lhasa Apsos ftw !

484949320_8852b009d7.jpg

And Basset Hounds too

506526089_3990acac51.jpg

Hayley Lucy & Molly

Would love a 'Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever',imagine the fun telling people the breed !
    Seemingly require loads of daily exercise(these were English visitors to Inishbofin last summer)
    172793390_2bf9d9567d.jpg

Can't say I dislike any breed,all dogs are great !

Seven Worlds will Collide

Yes the Nova scotia duck-tolling retriever needs a lot of exercise! But it's a fab breed:)
    Annika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 poptart007

favourite is definitely Pugs - so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

lightening wrote:
    The English Bull Terrier is a terrier, so is that other Bull Terrier.
    well done-how did you figure that out!
    My favourite dogs are rotty's and lab's-have 1 of each and there so intelligent and friendly.
    would love a staffy, bull terrier, mastiff
    Not a fan of small dogs-i like them but would not want 1.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Have to say springers are the kindest and most gentle dogs I have ever known. But for a handsome dog I think that either the German Shepard or the Alaskan Malamute are the only wqay to go

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

For me the Labrador has always been the king of dogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Fave Dogs

Huskies
    Wolves
    Collies

Least Fave Dogs

Yorkshire terriers
    Pitbulls
    British bulldogs (and other slobbery types)

I used to not like small dogs at all, untill a Westie walked in
    the door. Are they considered toy dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

They're not toys, they're (working) terriers.

Westies kick ass, cute and cuddly without being yappy little bastards and they're lovely playful things. Both my boys had the sweetest temperments too.

Advertisement