Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite dog breed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

cowzerp wrote:
    well done-how did you figure that out!

I was answering to the post immediately ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

Ive had boxers since i was 7, love them to bits, also like labradoors(sp) and mastiffs.

Hate jack russells with a passion tho!! wee feckers go for your feet!! ggrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Bichons are my favourite breed. Their temperament is amazing, they aren't yappy and are so affectionate. They're friendly and great with new people. I also love the fact that their coats don't shed and they don't slobber.

I'd love a yorkie some day as any I've met have been very friendly. Temperament is one of the main factors I'd go for in a dog. Also the small size means a huge garden isn't necessary.

I dislike westies with a passion. Any I've come across have been yappy and vicious. Our neighbours' dog tries to bite any chance she gets and has attacked one of my dogs before. They get too territorial.

Otso was our first ever dog. Unfortunately he died recently but I think these pics of him are adorable. Rosie is our new little baby. We got her at 5 years and she had had 4 litters. All the last litter died so her owner decided she didn't want her anymore. Teddy is delighted to have some company again and she has fit right in with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

If its not a staffie I dont wanna know!
    I have never known a more loyal, and trustworthy dog. And when you get home in the evening to be greeted by that big old staffie smile, itjust makes my day.
    Really great with kids, and will stick by you and its family till the end.
    Just if getting one, dont expect it to be friendly towards dogs outside its family group, or any loose furnishings, shoes, TV remotes etc!
    I hate any small yappy dog, and toy dogs too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Mine has to be my Working Austrailian Kelpies. I have 2. 1 red & tan Boy called Ding & 1 Black & tan Girl called Kylie. My other fav is a labx( again cause I have one).

I'd never own a cocker spaniel but that doesn't mean I dont like them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

bongi69 wrote:
    If its not a staffie I dont wanna know!
    I have never known a more loyal, and trustworthy dog. And when you get home in the evening to be greeted by that big old staffie smile, itjust makes my day.
    Really great with kids, and will stick by you and its family till the end.
    Just if getting one, dont expect it to be friendly towards dogs outside its family group, or any loose furnishings, shoes, TV remotes etc!
    I hate any small yappy dog, and toy dogs too

Agree with you 100%
    think staffies are great and have such great personalities

Advertisement