Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Component Switch

Options
  • 22-05-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm using a Nintendo Wii and an Xbox 360 with a Sony X series lcd.

The consoles both use RGB component connections and the tv only has one of these connections.

Is there some kind of switch I can get that'll save me having to disconnect\reconnect the component connections everytime I want to switch between the Wii and the 360.

...Thank god the PS3 uses HDMI :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I'm using a Joytech 245c switcher on my setup. It's a component and toslink switcher, and has a splitter for ethernet so it's pretty goods for connections.

The remote supplied is pretty responsive too, and has individual controls for each of the different inputs. So it works well with programmable remotes.

The only thing that you need to watch for is that you'll need new cables for it, the ones that come with aren't the best quality. There was a thread on this a while back. I think they cost about 120 yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Buy a vga cable for the 360, and used the component just on the wii. Sony's Bravia range dont look too hot with the 360 on component anyway, nice colours and depth, but very jaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Advertisement