Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live

• 22-05-2007 3:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you use your free two month subscription to xbox live, is there possibly a way to get on without having a credit card? They try to subscribe you afterwards and we can't get on to see is it worth getting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Eh?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok, you buy an xbox, you get two months of xbox live with it for free. You enter the code. It asks you for a credit card afterwards to let you continue. Can you get around this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ok, you buy an xbox, you get two months of xbox live with it for free. You enter the code. It asks you for a credit card afterwards to let you continue. Can you get around this?

nop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok thanks, that's a crappy free trial :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm still not definate what you mean but you don't need to put a CC in to get your free trial and to continue on live you can pay by CC or buy cards instore.

• Advertisement

It does ask us for a valid cc, I'll try again, thought it was weird that we could not do a trial without a cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I used the free trial and wasn't asked for a CC. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ciaran500 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you have to enter one I did.

I think there's also on xbox.com the reason to why.

I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ciaran500 wrote:

Same here but that was not long after launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

If you don't want to use credit card you can buy xbox live codes in any game store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm 100% sure theres a 'redeem code' option.

What's a redeem code?
    Also, we are trying to use one of our many free trial codes to se is it worth buying a code from the store. Will they not just ask for a cc then too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The redeem code button is in the bottom right corner of the Marketplace blade if I remember correctly.
    I can't remember what way the 1 month free trial works, but most of the free trials (1 day etc) and the actual 3 month, 6 month and 12 month cards you can buy, just have a code you enter here which upgrades your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I thought if you created a new gamertag that you got a month free, no questions asked.

Has this changed, if not it could be a work around.

Tar the only real difference is the ability to play online. Which is implemented pretty well in most games.

So if you don't want to play other folk online then don't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I regularly set up new accounts, be they American, Japanese, hell, even Korean. Also, some Irish ones (so friends can play online with me). They always get a month free! Select silver membership and the next screen will prompt you with the info that you're eligible for gold membership for a month! Simple as.:p

Yeah, I want to kill people in halo, tired of beating housemates 15-3 hehe :s
    Just want to see for free if our connection will make it work well.
    Pes would be nice online too.
    Are people ranked?
    I regularly set up new accounts, be they American, Japanese, hell, even Korean. Also, some Irish ones (so friends can play online with me). They always get a month free! Select silver membership and the next screen will prompt you with the info that you're eligible for gold membership for a month! Simple as.
    But do you not need a code to get on to live in the first place? We can see no way to get by entering a cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I get the feeling Tar is talking about Xbox (original), and the rest of ye are talking about 360. Maybe not.

With the 360 when you start a new account it automatically has 1 month gold for free, you don't have to enter any CC details. With Xbox, I think it might be a bit more complicated, it's been so long, I don't remember exactly.

Yeah just a normal cheap ass xbox :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

ya with xbox 1 you need a credit card, on 360 you get 1 month free when you create a new account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

koneko wrote:
    I get the feeling Tar is talking about Xbox (original), and the rest of ye are talking about 360. Maybe not.

With the 360 when you start a new account it automatically has 1 month gold for free, you don't have to enter any CC details. With Xbox, I think it might be a bit more complicated, it's been so long, I don't remember exactly.

Koneko are teh smrt!

Ya, that explains it all really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought so. Damn muppets, assuming and all that ;)

I think with Xbox (original) you do have to enter a CC. I used a Live Starter pack at the time, but I remember getting charged on my CC at one point so I did have to enter it.

Ah well, thanks.

Advertisement