Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting

Options
  • 22-05-2007 3:19pm

I Have Checked The Register But For Some Reason I Am Not On It.
    I got A Polling Card In The Post Today, Does That Mean I Can Vote?

Thanks,
    Daryl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If your name has a fada, the search engine won't find it.

If you got a voting card, go and vote on Thursday.

My Name Has No Fada. Sent Away My Application A few Months Ago And they sent me a new one last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I Have Checked The Register But For Some Reason I Am Not On It.

Thanks,
    Daryl.
    If you got a polling card then you can vote.
    Bring some id with you just in case though.

Thank You Sir's

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭johnlambe

In the polling station, they will check your name against their copy of the register, but polling cards are sent using the details from the register (presumably), so if you got one, then you should be on the register.

I think the most likely explanation is that the copy of the register you checked was out of date. Where did you check it? (Maybe even the online one uses data that's updated periodically? I don't know).
    Are you sure there isn't a typographical error in your name - a '0' instead of an 'O', for example - and that you checked the register for the correct area?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If you're worried ring your local authority. Alot of people can't find themselves on that site, but their LA said they're on the register.

Advertisement