Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson K810i versus Nokia E65

• 22-05-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Okay i'm in serious need of a new phone, my 'almost' 2 year old SE K750i is on it way out (or should I say the joystick is).

Which phone to go for the Sony Ericsson K810i - which is class but also has the dreaded joystick of death

Or Nokia E65 - that has a lesser camera but otherwise seems fairly similar feature set as SE 810i.

I’m limited to about 4 ton sim free. Any suggestions on what phone to go for? Other suggestions welcomed.

Which Phone 12 votes

Sony Ericcson K810i
    0% 0 votes
    Nokia E65
    83% 10 votes
    Other
    16% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Well i voted for the e65.
    What are looking for in a phone?because the e65 and k810i are quite different classes of phones.
    The e65;
    Business,has wifi,good for email(push email etc) excellent web browser,mediocre camera(same as n70),quite capable mp3/aac player.its a smartphone as well so you can add 3rd party applications such as msn messenger,class games,internet radio...possibilities are endless!
    The k810i;
    Brillant camera with proper flash(had a k800i and was amazed),video is a bit crap even compared to e65,its a feature phone so no 3rd party applications but has good java support,its key focus is multimedia so has a decent media player and radio and supports a2dp bluetooth stereo(so you can have wireless headphones).

But the e65 is more powerful phone all together and to me looks far neater!

Have you looked at the p990i,its cheap as chips now,its a bit big but has all the features of the e65 but adds qwerty keyboard,decent camera,touchscreen.its around 365 on expansys.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

They are 2 totally different phones.What are you looking for exactly in a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

Well I don’t really need the radio/mp3 player since I have a separate one myself. Looking for a 3G camera phone with access to push email - which pretty much describes both phones.

The one thing making me hesitate about the SE K810i is the joystick which officially died on my SE K750i...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

jones wrote:
    Well I don’t really need the radio/mp3 player since I have a separate one myself. Looking for a 3G camera phone with access to push email - which pretty much describes both phones.

The one thing making me hesitate about the SE K810i is the joystick which officially died on my SE K750i...

I would go for the K810i if you just want normal features and it looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

one thing to note about k800i push email;
    this is NOT microsoft exchange push nor blackberry push email(the e65 does both!),
    it a IMAP setup so you will need setup a IMAP email account eg www.fastmail.fm and forward your email to that.
    I tried it for testing but found it was quite data intensive and wore the battery down pretty quickly compared to exchange and blackberry which ive both used.

also to note: i ve never been happy with se joysticks, I took back my k800i twice because of failed joysticks so im steering clear of se joysticks for a while,its funny because nokia never seems to have this problem??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Main reason is good camera, without that 5 way joystick. No firm word on video yet, but not too hopeful for decent video. Probably just IMAPI push email. Also I don't think it has good flash. But for me it's pretty much a K800i, without the fiddly bits, see my sig. This is a real phone. Do a Google. It had a public airing in London I think 8th May.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

If I were to take the camera out of the equation (obviously the SE K810i has the upper hand here)
    would people still go for the K810i?

think I'll go into one of the shops today and see can I get my hands on both phones and see which 'feels' better - its sometimes hard to judge the dimensions of a phone from pictures and size measurements.

Thanks to all for comments so far...:)

Just to follow up:

i ended up buying the K810i thanks for all the advise.

Advertisement