Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green party and Science

• 22-05-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

According to the main skeptics website, the green party are in favour of homeopathy in agriculture. Good scoop. I cannot believe that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Yossie

According to the main skeptics website, the green party are in favour of homeopathy in agriculture. Good scoop. I cannot believe that.

That's nothing! Check out Nuala Ahern Green MEP "CHAIR OF THE COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH INTERGROUP OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT"

http://www.nualaahern.com/medicine.htm

Also particularly the document on "Integrated Health in Europe" down the bottom. Integrated medicine is the new term for CAM it would appear.

The Greens have some serious internal problems with believers in the worst kind of pseudo-science and just plain nonsense. I was once at a science talk where a green co cllr told me that it was only my western prejudice that prevented me from seeing water divining and voodoo as equally legitimate as physics, chemistry etc.

If they get into power it'll be a case of Unweaving the Rainbow – coalition :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Yossie wrote:
    That's nothing! Check out Nuala Ahern Green MEP "CHAIR OF THE COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH INTERGROUP OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT"

http://www.nualaahern.com/medicine.htm

Also particularly the document on "Integrated Health in Europe" down the bottom. Integrated medicine is the new term for CAM it would appear.

The Greens have some serious internal problems with believers in the worst kind of pseudo-science and just plain nonsense. I was once at a science talk where a green co cllr told me that it was only my western prejudice that prevented me from seeing water divining and voodoo as equally legitimate as physics, chemistry etc.

If they get into power it'll be a case of Unweaving the Rainbow – coalition :D
    Tha's flipping unbelievable and people thing Science is the Green's forte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭skeptic griggsy

That is good to know as people are rightly green.It is imperative that people not associate green with this party but with green in the Labour Parties.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

That is good to know as people are rightly green.It is imperative that people not associate green with this party but with green in the Labour Parties.:cool:
    I don't understand this comment. Is it at all relevant to the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The Greens have, however, made an important contribution to science by proving that the Second Law of Thermodynamics applies to politics. A high level of idealism and integrity, in a closed system, is subject to entropy until you are prepared to swallow your principles and go into government with Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement