Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 USB data modem - requires a second 3 account?!

• 22-05-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I just called 3 telesales to ask about the 3 USB data modem. It seems, as a bill pay customer, I can't add it to my account, instead I have to go through the entire sign-up process again and create a new 3 account.

Do 3 just love bureaucracy ?

Or, is there some other agenda behind this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Solair wrote:
    I just called 3 telesales to ask about the 3 USB data modem. It seems, as a bill pay customer, I can't add it to my account, instead I have to go through the entire sign-up process again and create a new 3 account.

Or, is there some other agenda behind this?

After my experience with Vodafone, be glad, be very, very glad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yep thats right Three are doing this for your benifit..........they are so kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Solair wrote:
    yes

i just had to spend a few hours making a HTML interface to AFT for myself (complete with phonebook :)) because 3pay blocks all applications. another pointlessly bureaucratic restriction. i'm using AFT with my meteor number of course because 3 doesn't do webtexts (another pointless restriction)

btw culabula, i won't be selling that 3pay sim after all. i managed to get AFT working on it which is really what i wanted it for. using it on 3pay changes it from AFT (almost free texts) to FT (free texts) :)

sorry

Yep thats right Three are doing this for your benifit..........they are so kind

Does it really matter?

Lads -I have just made an important discovery about these new 3 modems -PM me for details. I know for a fact that 3 IRL are monitoring here so I am not going to post.

• Advertisement

yes

btw culabula, i won't be selling that 3pay sim after all. i managed to get AFT working on it which is really what i wanted it for. using it on 3pay changes it from AFT (almost free texts) to FT (free texts) :)

sorry

Kein problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

culabula wrote:
    Does it really matter?
    Does what really matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm just annoyed that I would have to have 2 seperate accounts, have to fill in a big load of forms.

Surely, as a bill pay customer, I should be able to bundle the modem into my account. It's just unnecessarily annoying and puts me off signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't really get why Three don't allow multi-line accounts :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

cula whats this info you know?

i got a call from 3 today but missed it, some incoherent guy left a message i couldnt understand, so i didnt bother calling them.

so i got nothing now and use nice old dial up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

culabula wrote:
    I know for a fact that 3 IRL are monitoring here so I am not going to post.

Could they do something about their substandard customer service then?

3, we hate your customer service, do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote:
    Lads -I have just made an important discovery about these new 3 modems -PM me for details. I know for a fact that 3 IRL are monitoring here so I am not going to post.

if they monitor these boards they're even worse than i thought they were. not fixing problems they don't know about is one thing but seeing the problems people are having and still not telling the customer care these problems exist is verging on criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

culabula, I was thinking about trying out that new modem this week! Should I think twice? Any chance you'd PM me with that discovery? I give you my word I have no connection to any of the networks whatsoever!

Advertisement