Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threads that are just wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As an antidote to all the pain and suffering that the Brethren have endured in this thread, I would like to suggest this thread. And in case any brothers are starting to worry about me, please note that I saw it on the front page, I don't frequent that forum, although I might if this is the new standard there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Fear not Brother zaph. It was started in AH and I made the most telling contribution. That spoilsport Karoma moved it to that strange celebrity forum thereby ending my interest in it.

I saw how it was moved Brother smashey, and your cessation of posting on the thread was duly noted. That forum is no place for a brother to venture alone without backup.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I would love to offer the lovely miss alba my services but alas now that it is that dreaded celebrity forum I shant be going any where near it. Damn you Karoma:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Brothers, someone has begun a Cleaning Tips Thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Brothers, someone has begun a Cleaning Tips Thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I presume it's mandatory for any woman to read before she joins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Imagine my delight/confusion when I saw the title of this thread on the front page. The delight came from the obvious, while the confusion came from the forum it's in. :D

smashey wrote:
    Imagine my delight/confusion when I saw the title of this thread on the front page. The delight came from the obvious, while the confusion came from the forum it's in. :D

Can people not even take a sh!t nowadays with out needing help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53445778#post53445778

What the hell are these brands they speak of ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

smashey wrote:
    That is hilarious! :D

penny's ftw, can't believe everybody doesn't shop there

Probably one of our own. I think I seen someone talking about gap so it can't be all bad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109362 :confused:

I, for one, had to eat a fukcing lot of chips to get like this.

Why would they try take that away?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109362 :confused:

I, for one, had to eat a fukcing lot of chips to get like this.

Why would they try take that away?
    Ah that's fúcking rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

McSandwich wrote:

There's some scary people on th' interweb !

Does Viktor have a dress code?

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    Does Viktor have a dress code?

Yep, he's quite strict about not letting you in if you're wearing a dress (Grand Sorceress Beruthiel, Miss Fluff and Irishbird excepted).

Brother SlowMo, for your own sanity I suggest you take a short break. Finding so many threads like those can't be good for a Brother.

zaph wrote:
    Yep, he's quite strict about not letting you in if you're wearing a dress (Grand Sorceress Beruthiel, Miss Fluff and Irishbird excepted).

Brother SlowMo, for your own sanity I suggest you take a short break. Finding so many threads like those can't be good for a Brother.

I know but they just keep popping up on the front page, I think I'm developing a morbid facination ! I need help !:(

Lads, there should be some sort of filter put on the front page. This grabbed my attention. Do they have their own language?

smashey wrote:
    Lads, there should be some sort of filter put on the front page. This grabbed my attention. Do they have their own language?

ugg?!?!??! Is that not how cavemen talk?

smashey wrote:

In fairness I can think of one example where they are acceptable.........

RW.JPG ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

smashey wrote:

Quote from that thread:
    plus, it's not like I'll be the only "fashion offender"...I'm the only one of my d4 friends not wearing uggs.

JASUS! I didn't think real people actually spoke like that!

Seriously Brothers, does anyone really give a flyin' @#&!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

McSandwich wrote:
    Good Chrisht.

First time I've seen someone threatened with a banning for using straight up medical fact. Maybe Ned should have said that they were 'Special Sparkle Angels' and everyone would have gone 'ooohhh!'.

*rollseyes....ohh sparkles!*

Good Chrisht.

First time I've seen someone threatened with a banning for using straight up medical fact. Maybe Ned should have said that they were 'Special Sparkle Angels' and everyone would have gone 'ooohhh!'.

*rollseyes....ohh sparkles!*

Is this the only forum on here where common sense seems to prevail.

• Advertisement

He has the thousand yard care bear stare

He has the thousand yard care bear stare

:confused::confused: It's those voices again. *runs to the corner and cowers in fear*

Mr.Punch wrote:
    ...I see these sparkles too. The first time I saw them, was in between some pine trees in my back yard. It was rather surprising, but never frightning. Now I can see them whenever I want. I will lie down in the park during the day, and watch the sky vibrate with them.

One thing I found interesting, is that if I put my hand up in my line of site, the particles are all behind my hand. As tho the are not in my eye, but in front of me. They seem to move with personality, and consistency.

No confusion here bosco. He has the thousand yard care bear stare.

No confusion here bosco. He has the thousand yard care bear stare.

Or he's had way too much ecstasy.

Mr.Punch wrote:
    ...I see these sparkles too. The first time I saw them, was in between some pine trees in my back yard. It was rather surprising, but never frightning. Now I can see them whenever I want. I will lie down in the park during the day, and watch the sky vibrate with them.

One thing I found interesting, is that if I put my hand up in my line of site, the particles are all behind my hand. As tho the are not in my eye, but in front of me. They seem to move with personality, and consistency.

aw. it's never funny when u have to explain it. HOWEVER, just so's my brothers dont think I'm a rambling fool....

a) he's obviously ca-rayyyyzay ..... bit like the thousand yard stare or he's a bit shell shocked or somethin
    b) he sees "sparkles" out his garden and/or when he's on his back staring up at the sky
    c) DublinWriter said "maybe he should have said that they were 'Special Sparkle Angels' and everyone would have gone 'ooohhh!'. (:D )
    d) care bears do the "care bear stare"
    e) thousand yard care bear stare.
    f) ah forget it.

aw. it's never funny when u have to explain it. HOWEVER, just so's my brothers dont think I'm a rambling fool....

a) he's obviously ca-rayyyyzay ..... bit like the thousand yard stare or he's a bit shell shocked or somethin
    b) he sees "sparkles" out his garden and/or when he's on his back staring up at the sky
    c) DublinWriter said "maybe he should have said that they were 'Special Sparkle Angels' and everyone would have gone 'ooohhh!'. (:D )
    d) care bears do the "care bear stare"
    e) thousand yard care bear stare.
    f) ah forget it.

I got what you were saying but after reading what you quoted it sounded like he was on ecstacy or something.

• Advertisement

aw yeah, sorry. know what u mean now.

although, if he was seeing everything through half-closed peepers and his jaw was goin bananas it'd be more likely to be ecstasy :D .

either way, the poor chap isn't right :(

aw yeah, sorry. know what u mean now.

although, if he was seeing everything through half-closed peepers and his jaw was goin bananas it'd be more likely to be ecstasy :D .

either way, the poor chap isn't right :(

Yeah I think we should put him down.

The Fashion & Appearance forum needs to be closed down. Would you just have a look at the latest abominations over there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53503189#post53503189

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055113799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055112142

And just to reassure the Brothers that I'm not going over to The Dark Side, I just happened to spot the first one on the front page and the others when I went over there to get a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Is this the only forum on here where common sense seems to prevail.
    Yes, and welcome.

zaph wrote:

Bill Gates. I presume they were on about bank balances here.
    zaph wrote:
    These people are so idiotic that they need advice on how to tie their shoe laces.
    zaph wrote:

Cut it off

• Advertisement

Bill Gates. I presume they were on about bank balances here.

These people are so idiotic that they need advice on how to tie their shoe laces.

Cut it off

Freedom of speech is all well and good but come on ! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

zaph wrote:
    The Fashion & Appearance forum needs to be closed down. Would you just have a look at the latest abominations over there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53503189#post53503189

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055113799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055112142

And just to reassure the Brothers that I'm not going over to The Dark Side, I just happened to spot the first one on the front page and the others when I went over there to get a link.

Fashion & appearance is definitly pushing it. More repugnant threads from that forum...

Big hair
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114459

New hair
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055111922

Brothers - we need to remain strong and insist that the request for a Diet Forum is rejected. It's touch and go at the moment though! :eek:

Fear not, Brother Wishbone, I have stated our position on the matter here

While on that thread I spotted this:
    smashey wrote:
    Good idea.

Support + 1.

Brother Smashey, it appears you may have some explaining to do.

zaph wrote:
    That's the style brother zaph!
    zaph wrote:
    Tut,tut! He'll have to be dragged away from the Donegal Forum to explain himself. Time to organise the Interrogation Team.

zaph wrote:

While on that thread I spotted this:

Yup. Twas me. If that's what they're into then they are beyond our help.

Forget the interrogation team. I won't break. :D

smashey wrote:
    Yup. Twas me
    Our very own agent provocateur! ;):D

Ah Jaysus lads, have a look at this sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I did a number 3.

pumpkin-barf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

zaph wrote: