Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politicans on education

Options
  • 22-05-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am a training teacher and the political debates in recent weeks have just gotten to me. The politicans are talking about classes sizes and other thing's when its clear to any one on the ground that they actually dont have a clue what its like for teacher on day-to-day basis.. I personally think that a committee of radomly selected teachers on the ground should be created by what ever goverment comes into power for dealing with spanding on primary education..

Your thoughts please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I'm a teacher in the UK trying to return home, so I really can only speak about it from that perspective.

It's always the same - leaders rarely take teachers' views into account. Recently they launched initiatives in Scotland for example, where teachers all over the country sat down and spent a day of in-service telling the government what they wanted changed in the curriculum.

The managers, leaders and politicians then just did exactly what they wanted anyway.

It is hilarious the impression the politicians are giving people. My friends and family keep telling me "there's loads of jobs coming up" and "they're appointing new teachers everywhere" and so on.

Ha.

Perhaps I need to give them a lesson in not absorbing media coverage so naively.

Advertisement