Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batch file to copy file to restriced C:

• 22-05-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I need to add a shortcut to the startup folder of each PC in work. The shortcut is going to be added via a user clicking on batch file which copies the shortcut from the network to the user's C:

I'm using the code below:
    COPY \\network***12\*******\_cm\TMS.url "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu"
    PAUSE

The problem is that the user's don't have access to add the file to their C@
    They have restricted acceess. How can I enable this file to be copied to their C via the batch file?

Cheers,
    CM

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Are you using a domain? Could you do this through Group Policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Yes, we are on a domain but it's a bit complicated, we are in the middle of a network restructure. Group policy isn't an option I'm afraid.

We could package it using LanDesk but some of our clients are having connection issues with LanDesk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What about adding it to All Users on all the computers? It'd take a while but it should do what you need. Don't wait for the user to do it. Alternatively, are you using any startup scripts? Users won't have write access to the All Users folder so you'd need to add it to their profile.

Advertisement