Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE RAW in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Point's current capacity is 8000 for an average gig with the standard stage + seating. Add a ring and the standard walkway they use, you're left with about 6000 people.

And i agree, it's about time it got pulled down and restructured. Although i'll miss the old Point for the amount of gigs i went there. Even if the sound was utter cack in the place, it'll also be somewhat sad that it's not gonna be the same again. For better or worse.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

there wil be 7.5k at the point on the wed & thur. i know that for fact. 15k in total.

Dublin1983 wrote:
    there wil be 7.5k at the point on the wed & thur. i know that for fact. 15k in total.

Source please? If it's WWE they're known for exaggerating attendance details. I'm actually interested in how they plan on that given how they can't cram any more seats, unless they use a smaller ring, but that wouldn't make another 1,500 seats.

Just curious cos logistically it's bloody impossible! :)
    VR!

vr check ur private mail

Fair enough. I know the venue is capable of fitting 7,500 seats. But thats at a standard seated concert. With the ring and a walkway thrown in there it takes away.

But if the seating chart says that amount INCLUDING a ring and walkway, then colour me wrong :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Dublin 1983 is right about the capacity i think the official capacity for WWE events is in and around the region 7,200 which is decent enough for house shows. Iv also heard from a very very reliable source that WWE will be back in Dublin this Sep at the RDS Simmonscourt Hall( this is where Funderland is) he told me there will be about a 6,000 capacity for those shows. Tickets for these shows will be on sale late Jun. For those interested the new Point Depot will be a 15,000 seater arena so we will most likely get tv tapings in 2009.

i sent u a private mail- r-rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

R.Rated wrote:
    Dublin 1983 is right about the capacity i think the official capacity for WWE events is in and around the region 7,200 which is decent enough for house shows. Iv also heard from a very very reliable source that WWE will be back in Dublin this Sep at the RDS Simmonscourt Hall( this is where Funderland is) he told me there will be about a 6,000 capacity for those shows. Tickets for these shows will be on sale late Jun. For those interested the new Point Depot will be a 15,000 seater arena so we will most likely get tv tapings in 2009.

That would be class !!! Even though i heard house shows can be better than taping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

kentonbomb wrote:
    i bet i see you because i always see you at WWE events and signings (atleast i think its you) anyway i'll holla if i see ya, holla if you hear me LOL

Jeez...ye all seem to be turning into Teddy Long around here, lol

It would be class to have a taping in Dublin but the only place I could see that happening at the moment is Belfast....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

R.Rated wrote:
    . Iv also heard from a very very reliable source that WWE will be back in Dublin this Sep at the RDS Simmonscourt Hall( this is where Funderland is) he told me there will be about a 6000 capacity for those shows. Tickets for these shows will be on sale late Jun.

Ha i guessed that that they will be back in the RDS go me :). Anyways do you think it will be Raw or SD that comes back?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Dublin1983 wrote:
    what block?

Block G,bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just wondering is this a full-blown tour. I'll be in Milan and was wondering does anyone know what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just had a quick look at WWE.com, seems like the only other European country they're doin shows in is Portugal, with events on the 8th and 9th of June. So Ireland's getting a show when the UK's not, that's probably a first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Dublin1983 wrote:
    LOL- i think i see u to at wwe events. !:) :):D:D
    really what colour of hair do i have and what age would i be around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

kentonbomb wrote:
    really what colour of hair do i have and what age would i be around
    Black with a blond streak and you are about 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

ok question here, why the hell dont they just pick a big enough venue and do a proper show that ends up on tv. theres gotta be somewhere in dublin that could do it surely, a stadium mabey?

Ive lost nearly all interest in wwe but id love to go see another live show. Managed to see one before and there was some atmosphere around the place.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Black with a blond streak and you are about 14.
    first of all my hair is brown and i'm not 14 and who asked you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Who you calling noob, noob? I was here before you! ;)
    VR!
    i'm not going to get in to this, i don't argue with noobs, not worth my time.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:

Such anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

kentonbomb wrote:

I'm gonna go with 13. I'm betting you used to have brown hair with the blond streak but you've decided to go all chain-gang and get a crew cut

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote:
    ok question here, why the hell dont they just pick a big enough venue and do a proper show that ends up on tv. theres gotta be somewhere in dublin that could do it surely, a stadium mabey?

Well, there isn't anywhere really. The recent shows they did from England were in arenas that held 15-19,000, the Point wouldn't hold any more than 8,500 I think. Doing a tv taping also costs them a lot more than doing a regular show, and I'd guess that the logistics of doing a single show here wouldn't be worthwhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if the gaa werent arse backwards they could use of the 9000 or so football grounds in the country,or croke park (although they wouldnt let william regal into the building)

Eh Krudler did England not play Ireland in Croker in the 6 Nations 3 months ago. Apart from Croke Park all GAA grounds are utter kips

Croker wouldn't work for the same reason why they won't use RDS outdoor again. Cos our weather is just too ****ing risky, there's no way of planning for it. It's not like Iraq where it's in the middle of a desert, or South of the Mason/Dixon Line where the climates warm. Our climate here is hit and miss.

WWE just won't risk it again.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

R.Rated wrote:
    . Apart from Croke Park all GAA grounds are utter kips

I know this isn't the place to debate the GAA but thats total nonsense.

I think its true have you ever been to 3 of the other main GAA grounds in the country, Pairc ui Chaomh, Fitzgerald Stadium and Pearse Stadium all of which have facilities from the 70's. Can you please tell me a GAA ground apart from Croker which is modern and has good facilities

Croker wouldn't work for the same reason why they won't use RDS outdoor again. Cos our weather is just too ****ing risky, there's no way of planning for it. It's not like Iraq where it's in the middle of a desert, or South of the Mason/Dixon Line where the climates warm. Our climate here is hit and miss.

Apparently the place they're holding next year's WM (Orlando, I think) often has rain at that time of year. So if they're willing to risk it for their biggest show, I don't see any reason why that would come into the equation that much

Not even close Fozzy
    Mania is completely different. It could be torrential downpour and everyone would give it their a-game, fans and participants alike. After all, weren't most of the talent fans before they became wrestlers. Everyone has seen either Mania or Starrcade growing up, or even before that, big shows at Shea Stadium, pre-mania biggies. Fans and wrestlers give it their all. On one of the Best of WWF Coliseum tapes you'll see a few Shea matches on em in the rain, from around 1980. So for Mania, they'll do it regardless. In fact, if you had Shawn Michaels Vs The Rock, a Mania dream match in the main event during a thunderstorm, in Orlando, the place would be jointed.

For a house show or a TV taping, it's not the same, it won't generate the money nor the interest.

VR!

Bubs101 wrote:
    I'm gonna go with 13. I'm betting you used to have brown hair with the blond streak but you've decided to go all chain-gang and get a crew cut
    why does everyone think i have a blond streak and i'm not asking you's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Your original post rrated was they were "utter kips". Way over the top.

• Advertisement

R.Rated wrote:
    Eh Krudler did England not play Ireland in Croker in the 6 Nations 3 months ago. Apart from Croke Park all GAA grounds are utter kips

yeah that was a joke,see what i mean about the gaa being backward

by the looks of it there will be no signings since there is nothing up on wwe.com(no surprise there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE RAW
    WWE RAW LIVE AT POINT NEXT WED 6TH & THURS 7TH JUNE

FEATURING FIGHTS FROM...

WWE RAW
    Event Dates
    The following table shows the dates and ticket prices for this event:
    Venue Date Time Price Booking
    Point Theatre 06 June 2007 19:30 € 32.20 (SEATED) Sold Out
    € 54.25 (SEATED) Sold Out
    € 65.00 (SEATED) Sold Out
    € 75.50 (SEATED) Sold Out
    Point Theatre 07 June 2007 19:30 € 33.20 (SEATED) Sold Out

Full Lineup Official Links

WWE RAW

WWE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Event Details

Aiken Promotions Presents Raw Live!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 at 7:30pm

Live from The Point Theatre in Dublin, Ireland

*** Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship ***
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
    - - -
    Jeff Hardy vs. The Great Khali
    - - -
    Plus, all of your favorite RAW Superstars including…
    Ric Flair
    Santino Marella
    Carlito
    Johnny Nitro
    Chris Masters
    Melina
    Mickie James
    Candice
    And many more!
    Card subject to change

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 7:30pm

Live from The Point Theatre in Dublin, Ireland

*** WWE Championship Match ***
    John Cena vs. The Great Khali
    - - -
    Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
    - - -
    Plus, all of your favorite RAW Superstars including…
    Randy Orton
    Jeff Hardy
    Santino Marella
    Carlito
    Johnny Nitro
    Chris Masters
    Melina
    Mickie James
    And many more!
    Card subject to change

What's going on, Shawn michaels wasn't there when I looked yesterday, the first night Main Event was Cena vs Orton, They better no be giving me false hope or I will not be a happy camper. Shawn is supposed to be out a couple of months right?

Never take match listings at face value, they can never honour due to potential brand splits, injuries, no-shows etc. I remember this happening in 04 as well.

VR!

hbk seems to be added back to the fixtures, whats up with that??

hbk seems to be added back to the fixtures, whats up with that??

Thats what I'm saying he was off it and now back on istead of visa versa

Hopefully it is true HBK is coming over i wouldnt be suprised

thats odd wasnt the original main event on the 2nd nite cena/lashley vs orton/umaga? i thought michaels was having knee surgery this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Lads any idea what time the show would be over at?
    Also. Is there still parking near the point?

Driving up and back in the same night from Sligo.
    Cheers

should be over around 10.30-11 ish,and yeah theres a car park around the corner from the point its more of an alley really but they stay open while gigs and shows are on

Shawn had surgery last I heard. Him and Flair vs Cade and Murdoch could be a great match if it ever happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Shawn Michaels had knee surgery on 5/23. WWE.com didn't report the surgery because the storyline is that he has had had too many concussions and "needs to retire." There isn't an estimated return date for him, but the company is under the impression that he can make it to the Survivor Series in late November.

.....Guess he ain't gonna be in Dublin then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

TBH, I'm kinda glad I'm not going now, cos with Edge gone and Triple H and Shawn Michaels out injured, I'd only really begoing to see Flair and maybe Hardy/Cena. Maybe next time.

so who from here is going to what night?ill be at both,10 rows ringside the first night balcony the 2nd

• Advertisement

im going the second night i think im in block f row m

Section Q Row E any good looks weird on the seating chart although from being in the point you can pretty much see from anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

EdK wrote:
    WWE RAW
    Event Dates

Point Theatre 07 June 2007 19:30 € 33.20 (SEATED) Sold Out

Vicious rumour....*cough*

EdK wrote:
    Section Q Row E any good looks weird on the seating chart although from being in the point you can pretty much see from anywhere

Not strictly true, for some bizarre reasons they stick seats behind the poles that are holding up the ****ing building! I was stuck behind one for RAW in 2004, it pissed me right f*cking off!

VR!

I was stuck behind one for RAW in 2004, it pissed me right f*cking off!

VR!

ha so was I

• Advertisement
Advertisement