Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE RAW in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It was a f*cking joke, we were over the far side (where the stage setup usually is) and i couldn't see sh*t, even the entrance way looked a million miles away!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 R!ta

ha so was I

Well i wasnt but my sister was!
    I was out in the aisle for most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 timothybryce

My parents and two younger brothers are going for the first time.
    Any tips or advice for them, there in Block A Row M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

No card and no signings or anything really half assed event isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeh im pissed about no signings,i should went up a few years ago to hmv in dublin when kurt angle was signing there i was working for hmv at the time and couldve just gone in to meet him the staff were allowed get pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

its a shame that they are not having any signings whatsoever.It would have been the icing on the cake..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Are we allowed bring cameras to the show?

Also, my little brother is talking about making a small banner (like u see at shows from the states) are they allowed??

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

Are we allowed bring cameras to the show?

Also, my little brother is talking about making a small banner (like u see at shows from the states) are they allowed??

Flash photography is generally alright for personal use, security will even take pics of you standing in front of the ring if you ask em nicely.

Regarding banners, yeah they're fine as long they're not getting in the way of someone. Cross the wrong person and you could see him take the banner and rip it up. I know i did it once, felt great.

Who the f*ck brings banners to non televised shows anyway?! :mad:
    VR!

VR!

7 - 8 year old kids I guess :rolleyes:

jamieh wrote:
    7 - 8 year old kids I guess :rolleyes:

exactly,house shows are more for kids than anything else so they get to se the guys they love from tv ,a friend of mine is taking his son tomorrow night whos 10 and hes so excited about seeing cena,and he does like ric flair as well so i suppose hes got some taste :D

• Advertisement

Which is fair enough, but don't ****in block the view from the poor bastard behind you! It's bad enough the kids are lifted on the parents shoulders, that makes it hard enough to see. But with another dumbass sign just makes it worse!

If it was televised and it could be seen, i'd be a bit more understanding, but other than that it's just retarded! :mad:

VR!

VR!

the same people that bring those "vince screwed bret" banners everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

who knows the start time of tonights show?

Aiken website states show:8pm - doors 7:30

Yet email from ticketmaster i got confirming the tickets says show starts 7:30pm sharp?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fatal wrote:
    the same people that bring those "vince screwed bret" banners everywhere

:D lol but Vince DID screw Bret!!!

rossie1977 wrote:
    :D lol but Vince DID screw Bret!!!
    Tell that to Bret Hart, 10 years on he still hasn't gotten over it and still holds a grudge against Shawn, yet he's worked with the guy who actually pulled the trigger on it since!

As for Hart fans, they need to get over it. Remember that muppet in 2004 with the Canadian flag and the Hitman shades in the front row. I was so hoping Michaels would kick him back down after egging him on :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Tell that to Bret Hart, 10 years on he still hasn't gotten over it and still holds a grudge against Shawn, yet he's worked with the guy who actually pulled the trigger on it since!

As for Hart fans, they need to get over it. Remember that muppet in 2004 with the Canadian flag and the Hitman shades in the front row. I was so hoping Michaels would kick him back down after egging him on :D

VR!

he hates shawn more than you would believe. I was in Chicago in 2006 for WM22 and all the WWE were staying in the Westin O'Hare and Shawn wasn't allowed anywhere near the bar, lobby, restaurant etc when bret was in those places. It has become a joke really, i respect hart; his kids jade and dallas whom i drank with all nite (till 7am :eek:); are fantastic but they also think his continued hatred of Shawn is stupid. Its actually funny that his youngest son (whom i didn't meet) is a big HBK fan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

so what was the show like folks??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Complete and utter waste of time and money IMO.
    Kali is a beast though

typical house show really,they really are missing the main event level guys,last time i was at raw i saw chris benoit vs hhh,tonight i saw eugene vs chris masters,the kids went insane for cena i legged it down to the ringside barrier before the jeff/orton match and got a cool video of jeffs entrance,touched his hand too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Very very poor show it just lacked something, perhaps some mic work from Cena or Flair. Match of the night had to be Orton v Hardy the crowd was very much into it. I was also shocked by how much i enjoyed the divas match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gogs

What was the full card? Any mention of what matches would be happening tomorrow night?

Chuck Palumbo v Kenny Dykstra
    Chris Masters v Eugene
    Cryme Time v Murdoch & Cade
    Mickie James/Candice v Melina/Victoria
    Johnny Nitro v Santino Marella
    Ric Flair v Carlito
    Jeff Hardy v Randy Orton
    John Cena v Great Khali

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

The thing is at least the other shows there was at least something entertaining in them this was a show that was thrown together in the afternoon and not giving a damn about it Khali should not be near a ring he was abysmal and Cena beat him with the only move he got on him the whole match enough said!They could have bought a few more guys if they really wanted to but decided against it and yes the womens match was enjoyable!Love Mickie James.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Yeah felt like an episode of Thunder at one stage,made up as it went along. Orton's counter into the RKO was highlight of the night,very much a how for the kids,thought we were gonna get lynched after just one "Lets go Khali" chant :D

Nitro/Marella....zzzzzz :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

That was my first WWE live show.
    Loved it. Marked out for everyone!
    The guy beside me was in love with the Diva's.

Hardy/Orton was the best match and got the best reaction

• Advertisement

Hey all,

I'm going to the show 2nyt....what time did it start lastnight?

Half 7,should run 2 and a half hours,disappointed it didnt go the three hours last night :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i was holding up four signs with ''Re-Hire Ariel'', A Pic of Lashley with ''Extreme as a rubber duck'' on it, ''Who booked this crap'' and ''Umaga must have smelt food out here!'' don't know if anyone seen me or not but i was the only one cheering for the Great Khali and All the other heels like Orton,Cade etc.,Lance Cade had his hands up when he won and i was the only one cheering you should have seen the look he gave me it was like ''OK atleast i have one fan'' lol, i will be holding up a sign tonight with ''Kentonbomb'' on it and an arrow pointing down, Right now i'm going to Westbury to meet them and get some Pics.

KB

Why on earth do you bring signs to house shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

i was cheering all the heels aswell

and Nitro got pure abuse

didnt go down well with the crowd ..when me and my mates got a **** off nitro chant

RKO absolute highlight of the nite

• Advertisement

randy is a ****ing legend...
    I've been a fan of the guy since I first saw him wrestle.I would love to see him pushed to the main event once again and to be there for a while.Hopefully his episode in Italy was the last of his drama's

The crowd during the Orton-Hardy match was prob the best iv experienced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Gillie wrote:
    That was my first WWE live show.
    Loved it. Marked out for everyone!
    The guy beside me was in love with the Diva's.

Hardy/Orton was the best match and got the best reaction
    i seen them 3 years ago when it wa their firsh show in dublin sinse the early 1990's, it was good enough. ive seen them a few times since. the best one i seen was the first time SD same to the point. had some great matches and they gave the mic to JBL.....class!!!

R.Rated wrote:
    The crowd during the Orton-Hardy match was prob the best iv experienced

Almost as good as Angle/Cena at the Point 2 years ago. Kids nearly in tears from hearing "TAP TAP TAP" :D

the sound in the place was terrible, didnt know one word cade said....music was bollix to.....now i hate cena anyway but what kinda way was that to end a show......had he left BEFORE KHALI?.....cos i sure didnt see him leave and his music stopped after bout 2mins....was kinda like..wtf.....the kids all running upt the barricade...he must of just ignored them......i remember few years back benoit got on the mic after the match, went around to fans aswell..cena seemed like he didnt wanna be there....well...american made?..should stay in his own f*ckin country so ;)

oh and in general: the show was ****e apart from ortan/hardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

kentonbomb wrote:
    Lance Cade had his hands up when he won and i was the only one cheering you should have seen the look he gave me it was like ''OK atleast i have one fan'' lol

His job is to have no fans though! I think Cade and Murdoch are brilliant, but I'd be booing the **** out of them if I went, lettin them know they're doin a great job. There's too many "cool" heels around these days
    the best one i seen was the first time SD same to the point. had some great matches and they gave the mic to JBL.....class!!!

That was the best bit from the 3 or 4 shows I've been to, it was at the peak of my Cena hating, I couldn't believe that they actually ended the show with the heels on top!

Every time WWE does a show here, there's always a majority of people saying it was mostly crap, with some highlights. Are you expecting 5-star matches, storyline advances and surprise appearances though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

No but I do want some effort to put on a show when they first came back in o4 I think it was you had that you felt you were actually at proper show last night though was a shambles

Fozzy wrote:
    His job is to have no fans though! I think Cade and Murdoch are brilliant, but I'd be booing the **** out of them if I went, lettin them know they're doin a great job. There's too many "cool" heels around these days

That was the best bit from the 3 or 4 shows I've been to, it was at the peak of my Cena hating, I couldn't believe that they actually ended the show with the heels on top!

Every time WWE does a show here, there's always a majority of people saying it was mostly crap, with some highlights. Are you expecting 5-star matches, storyline advances and surprise appearances though?!

exactly its a show for kids not an episode of raw,i did think it was funny when 2 bored parent behind me who were complaining about how much it had cost to go changed their tune after the first match "jaysus they really do slap into each other pretty hard dont they?" said the mother and the kid just shouts "see i told you it was real!!!!" got a huge laugh from everyone sitting around us

anyone know umaga wasnt there? presume he was on ecw tue night although i havent read the spoilers yet, if anyone spotted me i was the guy with the wm23 baseball jersey and the attitude belt over my shoulder,people were touching it all night,kids getting their grubby fecking fingers all over my shiny belt!

Fozzy wrote:

I agree, been to house shows in states and there every bit as bad!

krudler wrote:
    so who from here is going to what night?ill be at both,10 rows ringside the first night balcony the 2nd

Wrestlemania 23 jersey WWF Title Belt and kids asking for pics with the belt?

• Advertisement

Poor stuff, looked like the wrestlers couldn't wait to get out of there they all just went to the back after the bell. Including Cena who usually milks it.

Best match was Randy Vs Jeff

The kids on the parents shoulders takes the piss. I know its about kids but they are up about 7 feet when they are on shoulders and you can't see a thing.

575838656a4615460170l.jpg

575838656a4615494398l.jpg

575838656a4615238711l.jpg

575838656a4615493418l.jpg

575838656a4615348248l.jpg

575838656a4615313553l.jpg

575838656a4615351462l.jpg

575838656a4615409807l.jpg

575838656a4615347199l.jpg

575838656a4615491301l.jpg

575838656a4615314549l.jpg

575838656a4615234819l.jpg

EdK wrote:
    Poor stuff, looked like the wrestlers couldn't wait to get out of there they all just went to the back after the bell. Including Cena who usually milks it.

Best match was Randy Vs Jeff

The kids on the parents shoulders takes the piss. I know its about kids but they are up about 7 feet when they are on shoulders and you can't see a thing.

Didn't go but i did walk to my stop which is on Eden Quay and all the f*ckin' chain gang kiddies was sickening. One thing that did give me a chuckle, and i noticed this guy walking past Trinity college, ended up unintentionally following him as far as my stop, obviously going in the same direction, except he had a Shelton Botchiman t-shirt on him. Oh man, how i had to bite my tongue from tapping him on the shoulder and informing him he was the crapper half of the team :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just back from this. It lasted less than 2 and half hours but the kids still loved it. The card was...

Chuck Palumbo beats Chris Masters
    Johnny Nitro beats Val Venus
    Cade and Murdock beat Cryme Time
    Melina beat Mickie James
    Ric Flair beat Kenny Dykstra
    Santino Marella beat Carlito
    Great Khali beat Jeff Hardy
    John Cena beat Randy Orton

It was quite enjoyable but nothing really stood out as a highlight. John Cena did bring the house down and he hung around after the match, got back in the ring, mingled with fans and put the ireland glove on. Melina and Mickie James were hot though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What annoys me about Raw's house shows is the lack of comments on the mic. At least with Smackdown's shows you could count on a JBL rant before a match took place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just back there and it was ok. the card was not very strong. Biggest pop of the night Cena followed by Jeff Hardy,Ric Flair and Cryme tyme. Santino is no way over with the crowd. There was way to many kids. we tried to boo cena and start f**k you Cena chants but the little kiddies over powered. I could not see most of the main event cause the little kids would not sit down, we asked them nicely to sit but that did not work so we tried" sit the **** down" and did not work. Also tried a Brookeback mountain chant when cade and Murdoch were talking but did not work well. Also could anyone hear what Candice and Victoria were saying??????. sorry about the rant but i had to get it off my chest. rating 6/10

EdK wrote:
    Wrestlemania 23 jersey WWF Title Belt and kids asking for pics with the belt?

yup that were me,was funny people were asking for pics of it all night,there was a few title belts around though,didnt bother bringing one tonight its annoying keeping an eye on it, was in the balcony for tonights show and much prefered it up there way better view,plus i got into an argument with a 7 year old girl about how cena cant wrestle,i was trying to get a "lets go orton" chant going but there was only about 7 people who joined it,it was chain gang central in there tonight

Kids run wild there I know its technically a kids show but no one else can enjoy it, with kids up on shoulders of obnoxious parents each trying to make their kid the happiest.

So which was the better show tonight or last night?

Was sitting in Q last night the block at an angle with people walking infront all the time, was gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i thought it was brilliant the two nights, did anyone see the second night were cade jumped up on the barricade and a fan jumped out of a seat and touched him lol the face on murdoch after it he says ''touch him again and i will kill you'' the fan was threw out with his friends, its not like he did anything though he just touched him and ran back, the only thing that was pissing me off last night was that security guard round there by block J, fcuking prick he was in the fans face shouting ''get back to your seats'' and when they were just taking a picture of randy orton he says ''i told you to get back to your seats'' he was spitting on me when he was talking oh excuse me shouting, i think his name was rob or something, when the show was over Justin Roberts was walking out and i got a picture with him, he's dead sound and really nice, i'll post the pic when i get it developed ok anyway here's the results on both nights

Night 1
    ~~~~~~
    1. Chuck Palumbo def Kenny Dykstra
    2. Chris Masters def Eugene
    3. Santino Marella def Johnny Nitro
    4. Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch def Cryme Tyme
    5. Candice/Mickie def Melina/Victoria
    6. Carlito def Ric Flair
    7. Randy Orton def Jeff Hardy
    8. John Cena def The Great Khali

Night 2
    ~~~~~~~~
    1. Chuck Palumbo def Chris Masters
    2. Johnny Nitro def Val Venis (there was a couple of Venis has no Penis Chants lol)
    3. Cade/Murdoch def Cryme Tyme (Murdoch's New Nickname is the Black Ace)
    4. Melina def Mickie James
    5. Ric Flair def Kenny Dykstra (Who just had a pair of black tights on him)
    6. Jeff Hardy def The Great Khali
    7. Santino Marella def Carlito
    8. John Cena def Randy Orton

and i agree with Mr.Nice Guy Raw never has any promos, they only had one last night with Candice, Eugene and Victoria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

smackdown is better for talking and stuff........KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYY

Advertisement