Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheff United delusional

• 22-05-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Ok I think I've reached my bull**** threshold.

If Sheff Utd are a Top 10 Premiership team in the nest 5 years I'll eat my hat with mustard.
    Blades plc chairman Kevin McCabe is thrilled Robson has accepted the job and has promised the former Middlesbrough boss his full support.
    "I'm delighted to announce Bryan Robson's appointment as our new team manager," said McCabe.
    "Bryan's an experienced manager. We believe he is the team manager that will blend the squad, improve Sheffield United and get us back into the Premiership.
    "He's going to have every support from the board. This club intends to be amongst the top ten in the Premiership at least within the next three to five years.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467925&CPID=8&clid=49&lid=2&title=Robson+appointed+Blades+boss&channel=football_home&

Let me just clarify, this club were just relegated no?
    I've nothing against clubs like Newcastle, West Ham etc aiming for Top 10 because they could easily achieve it. But if they havent this season, what hope does Sheff United have.
    I've heard some corker PR statements but this really takes the biccie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Have to agree.
    They're not flush with money and have a pretty ordinary squad.
    They'll be up against the likes of Wolves next season so it won't be easy to get back up again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

along with Watford 2 of the worst teams to grace the Premiership -- with the same teams yo yoing , between the divisions, i think only 2 teams should be relegated -- so they can financially develop for a particular division, and not be so damn negative and direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thebaz wrote:
    , and not be so damn negative and direct.
    like Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ten years ago Pompey were at the bottom of the olf first division and facing bankruptcy.

A few quid and a good manager and top ten is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

BaZmO* wrote:
    like Chelsea?

in fairness , l'pool and chelsea , are exciting in comparison to sheffield

and don't think Bryan Robson will bring the beautifull game to bramall lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thebaz wrote:
    in fairness , l'pool and chelsea , are exciting in comparison to sheffield

and don't think Bryan Robson will bring the beautifull game to bramall lane
    Ah I know, I was just taking the p1ss. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ten years ago Pompey were at the bottom of the olf first division and facing bankruptcy.

A few quid and a good manager and top ten is possible.
    That's a full decade and of course anything is possible. But some things just aren't feasible no matter how impartial you try be.

Advertisement