Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is Fascist

Options
  • 22-05-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

Social partnership is modern fascism.
    Ireland is fascist.

MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

not corporatist?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Social partnership is modern fascism.
    Ireland is fascist.

MM

Explain how social partnership is modern fascism at the very least. Otherwise how can we debate this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Eh...no. I wish people would stop bandying about the terms fascist or communist in situations that don't merit their use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Ireland is ruled by an unholy cabal of big business, right wing government and pet unions whose officials are often millionaires.
    That is corporatism which is a synonym for fascism.

Those who object to the cosy consensus are imprisoned indefinitely and beaten off the streets.

Fascism.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There are worse things than Facism
    I'm taking it that you support Shell to Sea judging by your last post.
    Many don't

• Advertisement

Worse things than Facism?
    You have clearly never queued for hours to get into the hottest nightclub only to be refused.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

If you don't like who's in power vote for someone else on Thursday, it's a democracy.

Hah. The choice is between tweedledum and tweedledummer.
    (I'm voting for tweedledummer)

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Corporatism is part of fascism, it doesn't make Ireland fascist. I don't believe that Ireland is corporatist either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You have clearly never queued for hours to get into the hottest nightclub only to be refused.

What has that got to do with anything?

brianthebard is quite right, you're talking about corporatism not fascism (and they are not synonyms!) and you're not putting forward convincing arguments for it or clear examples only unclear generalisations.

Though if you are talking about Shell to Sea campaigners (which you seem to be hinting at) then I disagree, they don't have a popular mandate or anything close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Time for a protest march! Hippies, crusties, stoners of the island unite!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Worse things than Facism?

MM
    Isn't forcing a private establishment into letting a member of the public onto your private property the epitome of fascism?

Sangre wrote:
    Isn't forcing a private establishment into letting a member of the public onto your private property the epitome of fascism?
    Yes but micmlo was talking about Facism (Facism geddit).

MM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement