Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein election posters on outer ring road - dangerous!

• 22-05-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

When driving to and from work today I noticed that Sinn Fein have put a load of election posters up at the roundabouts on the outer ring road. They are in rows completely covering the pedestrian crossing railings on all sides. Ridiculous!

These are blocking the view of the oncoming traffic, so you can't see if anything is coming until you are right up to the white line. I would not be surprised if this causes a collision as I have seen plenty of drivers just plough straight across the roundabout without slowing down.

I will be contacting Sinn Fein, the city council and the RSA tomorrow to request that these posters are removed.

I wonder what Sinn Fein's policy on road safety is? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw them and thought exactly the same thing.

Meanwhile on the N25 at the Dooneen turn just before Kilmeaden Ollie Wilkinson has parked a van on the triangle of grass just at the junction so if you should need to make an emergency manouveur you'll nearly be certain to hit it side on!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    Saw them and thought exactly the same thing.

Meanwhile on the N25 at the Dooneen turn just before Kilmeaden Ollie Wilkinson has parked a van on the triangle of grass just at the junction so if you should need to make an emergency manouveur you'll nearly be certain to hit it side on!

Mike.

Vote Ollie! Die on a trolley!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Anyone see Jim D'Arcy standing beside his own poster the other morning at the roundabout there at H&H's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trotter wrote:
    Vote Ollie! Die on a trolley!!

Sir, I doff my cap! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    Sir, I doff my cap! :D

Mike.

I read that on another forum... no credit goes my way, it was born from the mind of a lyrical genius somewhere else.

Credit goes to whoever it was that made it up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Who is Pedro (handdrawn sign on Tramore Road)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Pedro from Napolean Dynamite! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya its a bloody disgrace. The last time that was done was with Jim Darcy - was removed swiftly.

Way to many posters up imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seems a lot of them have disapeared..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Yeah they were gettin ridiculous at one point, I noticed the Bertie ones were blocking the view of the roundabout sign so for anyone not knowing where they were going it was hard to make out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement