Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opened parcels?

Options
  • 22-05-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Why is it that when ever I receive a parcel from outside of Ireland someone has made a great hole in the box exposing the contents?

I could understand if the parcel was coming in from a dodgy country but it happens all the time from stuff coming from the uk!
    I've had enough of it and I wish to complain. Would it be customs?

On a couple of occasions the goods have been hanging out the box. It's unacceptable. As an EU member I should be able to purchase from any other EU member without customs messing and damaging my stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ivoryhunter

wiredup

happened to me as well, complaints can be sent to An Post who will investigate.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

It might be customs but they usually seal it and put a stamp or sellotape with customs written on it so you know they opened it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Probably the L33T customs sniffer dog in the Portlaoise sorting office, you are lucky he didn't piss into it while he was at it

bullmastiff295x266.jpg

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Probably the L33T customs sniffer dog in the Portlaoise sorting office, you are lucky he didn't piss into it while he was at it

bullmastiff295x266.jpg

Hahah, I think it was just customs opening it but why would they rip the package open.The customs arent that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The customs boys want an extra allowance under the national pay programme partnership money train for having to hold tight onto yer man for 8 hours a day .....that or train up a poodle in his place.

They never open my parcels like that so I suspect that maybe whoever packs wired ups packages beyond may have a big spliff in hand as they so do .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

It might be the parcels getting opened or just getting kicked about.

However I have found DHL to be a massive bunch of tools.

They keep insisting they can't find my office and force me to drive to finglas to collect my parcels.

Last time I was there I didnt have to show any ID and they gave me the wrong box (it was one belonging to someone in the US embassy), I pointed out his mistake and was handed my parcel instead.

Considering the sender would have spent at least $400 to send me this parcel its amazing at how poor the service is.

*rant over*

fintan wrote:
    It might be the parcels getting opened or just getting kicked about.

However I have found DHL to be a massive bunch of tools.

They keep insisting they can't find my office and force me to drive to finglas to collect my parcels.

Last time I was there I didnt have to show any ID and they gave me the wrong box (it was one belonging to someone in the US embassy), I pointed out his mistake and was handed my parcel instead.

Considering the sender would have spent at least $400 to send me this parcel its amazing at how poor the service is.

*rant over*

400 to send a parcel :eek: , I would get a flight and go pick it up :)

Im getting a phone tommorrow and its in portloaise sorting office.HOpe its not opened or i will kill them.
    And hope i dont get taxed by customs :)

drdre wrote:
    Im getting a phone tommorrow and its in portloaise sorting office.HOpe its not opened or i will kill them.
    And hope i dont get taxed by customs :)

I just tracked my parcel its with customs :mad:
    Will find out in the morning what will happenHope i get my phone soon

drdre wrote:
    I just tracked my parcel its with customs :mad:
    Will find out in the morning what will happenHope i get my phone soon

Just to update you guys,I got the phone and customs cleared it so had to pay nothing.Got the delivery at 8.30am and when i opened it the bloody phone was FAKE.it was a N95 i ordered and paid 500 euro.So now i returned it and the buyer refunded the money fully as i reported him to ebay and paypal
    Thank god i got the refund. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

a fake N95. That's scary!

Glad you got your cash back

jrey1981 wrote:
    a fake N95. That's scary!

Glad you got your cash back

Yeah jrey i already had a real one and sold it.I thought i would get myself another one but it was bloody fake.I should have taken pictures before i sent it back. :)

Advertisement