Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths are honestly quite ****

Options
  • 22-05-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

They're just getting worse and worse.

No Smyths I've been to has had the Classics Deluxes. They also refuse to cut prices on the Voyagers which just aren't shifting.

I went in today to see what they had, they haven't updated their stock in months. By now, the should be all rights be getting some movie stuff in, and have up to Wave 3 in Classics.

They never got most of the X-men figures in, and they seem to be refusing to update their Marvel Legends currently.

It's very frustrating. Who the hell runs these places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rozie wrote:

No Smyths I've been to has had the Classics Deluxes. They also refuse to cut prices on the Voyagers which just aren't shifting.

I went in today to see what they had, they haven't updated their stock in months. By now, the should be all rights be getting some movie stuff in, and have up to Wave 3 in Classics.

They never got most of the X-men figures in, and they seem to be refusing to update their Marvel Legends currently.

Movie protoforms/deluxe figures are suppose to be on sale as of the 15th of this month but they won't put them out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Rozie wrote:

i would imagine they're not lowering prices because once the movie's out little kids will be snapping up anything (wether or not it's movie-related)...

the one in blanch s.c. dublin had a very small selection of movie stuff last week when i was there...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 obrien_jimmy

Picked up the leader class Prime inforbidden planet just yesterday preety cool figure, very good truck mode aswell as the robot mode. The automorph feature is preety ok too.

Smyths in Jervis Street have blackout and the ambulance guy (too tired to remember the name) if thats any help to ye then there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

as does toymaster and Argos.
    Argos Occassional does good deals so its worth watching the web page for them.

I think FP is too dear at the moment myself.
    They are charging €20 for the protoforms and everywhere else is doing them for €16 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

was meant to post about this before but forgot.

they got the movie stuff in smiths in tallaght but as mentioned its mainly blackout and ratchet.

they do have some of the real gear stuff and the cyber stompin prime and bumblebee along with the blaster thingy and the voice changer helmet but thats about it although they do have an optimus prime outfit you can wear :D

they have reduced the price of the classics to 24 euro from 29 but thats not exactly massive and the rest of the movie stuff tends to be the fast action battler stuff which arent in the same league as the blackout and ratchet figures.

still at least its a start :)

• Advertisement

went back in last week and leader class megatron and prime are in. megatron looks better than i thought he would but i keep thinking of terminator everytime i see his alt mode :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭oclugg

Picked up Wreckage in the movie deluxe range at Argos Liffey Valley, 14.99. Smyths as of today have Jazz up at 14.99.

In Toymaster Kilkenny city they have most of the Movie Deluxe range in, I just picked up Barricade there 2 weeks ago because I thought Smyths would have them in back in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Smyths in Jervis had the Decepticon Sneak Attack pack for 14.99 which contains 3 exclusive characters to the series and a repainting of Optimus Prime. They didnt have any other robot heroes series, but they did have this.

jesus i just have to complain again at just how crap smyths are.

NONE of the voyager figures are in except the megatron one with all the fake ice. even ****ing tescos got them in for the movies release. ive seen starscream, ironhide, blackout ratchet and the cullen voiced helmet in there and its a fecking supermarket.

at this stage i dont think were going to see jazz or barricade or any of the voyager figures in smyths. its just ****ing useless. how the hell can a store that big have such a **** selction?

even argos has a better choice . and speaking of which they have a variant leader class prime thats all blue. dont know what the story is on that but there you go. also its been the only place ive seen transformable titanium figures with smyths just giving us what amount to glorified chess peices. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

FP is the place to get movie figures, last time I saw tons of them and around 20% cheaper than anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I have to take my words back. I was in FP today and some of the prices have gone up.

sweet monkey jesus someone in smythes finally copped on.

was in the one in tallaght today and though the selctions still crap they finally got in the two toy box sets. ones bumblebee vrs barricade and the others blackout and scorponok. scorponoks the full size version too that transforms and barricade still comes with a little frenzy in his box set.

both are going for 24.99euro.

still no sign of the voyagers though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

scorponoks the full size version too that transforms and barricade still comes with a little frenzy in his box set.

Sounds promising, might have a look at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

sweet monkey jesus someone in smythes finally copped on.

was in the one in tallaght today and though the selctions still crap they finally got in the two toy box sets. ones bumblebee vrs barricade and the others blackout and scorponok. scorponoks the full size version too that transforms and barricade still comes with a little frenzy in his box set.

both are going for 24.99euro.

still no sign of the voyagers though:(

Having 2 boxsets isn't "copping on". It's "****, if we don't put out something people will buy we're going to go down the drain."

If they started putting out movie stuff like they're meant to, they'd be "copping on".

Advertisement