Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ye are gonna think im mad

Options
  • 22-05-2007 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

now i heard from a TEACHER that if you want you can look at the H.L French Paper and if you think its too hard you can swap back to pass!!! is this true??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

This is not true. You make up your mind before. Each student receives one paper and one paper only.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

You can choose to move down a level at the beginning of the exam. You cannot view both papers, you can only choose one. Even if you put down higer level on your application form, you can still choose to move down on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

are you positive Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Alan's right, that goes for all leaving cert/junior cert exams. You can make a last minute decision but this is before you view the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

i know you cant look at both papers , but i was told if you looked at French HL and thought it was hard , you can drop back , not view 2 papers , cant view OL and go to HL either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

i know you cant look at both papers , but i was told if you looked at French HL and thought it was hard , you can drop back , not view 2 papers , cant view OL and go to HL either

But if you look at the HL paper and drop to the ordinary, then you've seen both papers?

From the Department (Candidate Information Booklet): "[The candidate] may not be supplied with, or allowed to see, the papers in more than one level in the same subject."

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Yeah well a teacher told me that Irish was an important part of our modern culture.........See the moral of the story is that teachers are stupid/wrong on a constant basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Yeah well a teacher told me that Irish was an important part of our modern culture.........See the moral of the story is that teachers are stupid/wrong on a constant basis.
    10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

alan4cult is right, you can't switch after seeing the paper. The guy infron of me last year tried to (ironically, for french) and the superintendant wouldn't let him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement