Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why?!

Options
  • 22-05-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

Why do so many people stop and talk on the stairs on the way to the library? I mean, if you were to pick one place to get in the way of as many people as possible, that would be it.

Grr...
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah morons congregating in front of stairs or entrace/exits seem to be very common in UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

The place that really annoys me is in the SU shop below the library. Gangs of retarded commerce people (and by that I mean blonde girls) stand in groups of 8 or 10 in front of where the lucozade is.

Eejits

At least I'll be their boss someday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

TheVan wrote:
    and by that I mean blonde girls
    oh no you didnt :eek:

yea the talking on the stairs is annoying,but then again if you randomly meet someone you know on the stairs you're not going to say "oh hi!hows things?come join me down there at the wall out of peoples way for a chat"

i mean if they know they ARE going to be talking for a while they usually do move out of the way:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Yeah, but If you put it like that, I can't reasonably get angry about it. I need to vent about something, let me have my fun ;)

Fremen wrote:
    Yeah, but If you put it like that, I can't reasonably get angry about it. I need to vent about something, let me have my fun ;)
    i get ya,i apologise

HOW annoying are them people thought seriously?!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Fremen wrote:
    Why do so many people stop and talk on the stairs on the way to the library? I mean, if you were to pick one place to get in the way of as many people as possible, that would be it.

Grr...

Yeah its really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

places with the greatest flow of people are where you are most likely to bump into ppl you know; I dont think anyone actually says "meet you half way up the stairs on the way to the library for a chat in 5 mins"

places with the greatest flow of people are where you are most likely to bump into ppl you know; I dont think anyone actually says "meet you half way up the stairs on the way to the library for a chat in 5 mins"
    twas my point exactly.plus when your coming out of the library after being ther for a while,you would talk to the wall dont mind someone you know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Ballerina wrote:
    when your coming out of the library after being ther for a while,you would talk to the wall

i've never tried that. if people did talk to walls though at least they'd be out of the centre and people could walk more clearly.

Thanks for the advice ballerina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

They're only there cos I asked them to I'm leader of a hither to covert organisation known as B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S Block Any Stairs To Anger Retarded Drama Students I'm sorry you got caught up in it but there has to be some collateral damage along the way.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Haha, funny that this should be posted now.

Last night there were about 25 people milling around the landing outside the toilets on the first floor screaming at the tops of their voices like they were in a nightclub "LIKE OHMIGOD I AM TOTALLY GOING TO FAIL". You honestly could hear them all over the building.

Being an extremely stressed out final year student with an exam the next morning at 9.30am I was in no mood to be ****ed with so I ratted them out to Librocop. Could be seen as being a bit of a killjoy but it had to be done.

He ran up the stairs like I'd just told him I had seen Osama bin Laden hanging around the history dept. What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Ballerina wrote:
    you're not going to say "oh hi!hows things?come join me down there at the wall out of peoples way for a chat"
    I do that.
    People blocking the stairs/doorways/escalators really ****ing annoys me.
    I think it's beyond ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

You guys just don't know what it's like because you have no friends. Especially ballerina, because she talks to walls apparently.....?

:| wrote:
    You guys just don't know what it's like because you have no friends. Especially ballerina, because she talks to walls apparently.....?
    oi you dont even go to UCD go home!!:D

anyway,the walls in UCD are actually quite interesting,you wouldnt know because you dont go there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

This really puts me into uber-b!tch mode. Like people having a loud conversation about how much of a whore their friend is in the computer labs, there are better places to talk. Like outside Hilpers, or in the middle of the lake. Just get the fcuk out of my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Blush_01 wrote:
    Like people having a loud conversation about how much of a whore their friend is in the computer labs, there are better places to talk. Like outside Hilpers, or in the middle of the lake. Just get the fcuk out of my way.

...yes, you're through to the Adrian Kennedy phone show.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

What happened to the bitch/rant thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I too would like to see strange and horrible things happen to these people. If you meet someone on the library stairs or at the doors, turn and walk with them out of the way. How unbelievably retarded do you have to be not to work that one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Fremen wrote:

Grr...

i definitely agree, i feel like walking through them, its just idiotic. its like when people stop in front of the lecture doors and u want to get in, they look at you like you're rude or weird or something, " Hello, this is a door, i would like to get in, so get the hell out of the way you idiot!". Im getting the same annoyance from walking down grafton street, people just seem to stop for no apparent reason.i need one of those cow pusher things they have on trains to get down the street without injuring myself or others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Ballerina wrote:
    oh no you didnt :eek:

yea the talking on the stairs is annoying,but then again if you randomly meet someone you know on the stairs you're not going to say "oh hi!hows things?come join me down there at the wall out of peoples way for a chat"

i mean if they know they ARE going to be talking for a while they usually do move out of the way:cool:

obviously they are not going to walk to the wall to talk but blocking the stairs is stupid,ignorant and selfish. go up a few steps and talk in front of the library or go over near the telephones out of the way, it isnt that hard.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

TheVan wrote:
    The place that really annoys me is in the SU shop below the library. Gangs of retarded commerce people (and by that I mean blonde girls) stand in groups of 8 or 10 in front of where the lucozade is.

Eejits

At least I'll be their boss someday ;)
    Lol, nice troll bitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement