Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new UCD Ads on Youtube....

Options
  • 22-05-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the new UCD Horizons Ads on Youtube. I couldn't believe it when one popped up today in the place where you normally get the annoying smiley, screensaver or youtube feature ads.

It was all flashy and technological and all.

I wonder are they actually advertising on Bebo aswell.

Has anyone else seen them?

UCD advertising on net...
    A good move or a bad?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Liverpool university are on myspace i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fluther

They have them on bebo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yup seen them
    say they cost a bit
    plus cant see the reasoning behind advertising on youtube whilst most are studying for lc.....but then again im here and not studying

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

woop wrote:
    yup seen them
    say they cost a bit
    plus cant see the reasoning behind advertising on youtube whilst most are studying for lc.....but then again im here and not studying
    Crap, I knew there was something I was meant to do today.

Can't find them on youtube, link anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

spending money on flashy ads and stuff so when students arrive in Septmeber the place will be a total kip.

we should make our own ucd youtube ads of overflowing toilets, the nutley bum, rape lane, burn out admin, packed library, queues for handing up essays, 70 police... etc see how many hits the plush ones get vs. those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

... its a show CTN can make

I was writing a comment on the bebo page when I noticed that it flashes up as a little clip at the side of the comment box. Anyone else seen that? It just goes on about broadening your horizons... the usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

In fairness UCD have 'broadened' more than a few 'horizons' this year.

Take from that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

In fairness UCD have 'broadened' more than a few 'horizons' this year.

Take from that what you will.

mostly it just broadened hugh brady's paypacket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

:confused: i m actually quite confused when i saw those ads(especially the ones about Quinn's bussiness course),does a college really need to advertise itself??that looks really dumb for me...:(

my trinity friend actually made a joke about that!!''see,your school is advertising!!is that means nobody wants to go there??why cant i see my school did any ads??''a swallow person indeed...but he did make a point.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

''see,your is advertising!!is that means nobody wants to go there??why cant i see my school did any ads??''a swallow person indeed

If he really did speak as you quoted then Trinity has far greater problems than advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The only one Ive seen so far is this

What other ones are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I saw those too, quite strange alright but I dunno i guess whatever works for you!

Advertisement