Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"3"/carphone wharehouse what a bunch of...

Options
  • 22-05-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

please read before polling

The qucik explanation is

I went to change to 3 and was told that there was a €200 deposit which would come off my bills but it was a random thing were not picking on you etc

I said ok

Will not get money back until after 6 months now, the sales agent got his facts wrong

Has left me in a small financial hole

should I fight to get my money back as I reckon it was decieved from me and the sales assistant admits that he misinformed me but its not his or carphone wharehouse peoblem take it up with 3

to date I have been insulted by both parties at least 5 times making me even more determined!!

should I fight to get my money back 12 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    66% 8 votes
    get bent
    33% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DannyBZR

please read before polling

The qucik explanation is

I went to change to 3 and was told that there was a €200 deposit which would come off my bills but it was a random thing were not picking on you etc

I said ok

Will not get money back until after 6 months now, the sales agent got his facts wrong

Has left me in a small financial hole

should I fight to get my money back as I reckon it was decieved from me and the sales assistant admits that he misinformed me but its not his or carphone wharehouse peoblem take it up with 3

to date I have been insulted by both parties at least 5 times making me even more determined!!

Wouldnt bother, it is standard practice within the mobile phone business. You basicly got a credit score done on you. You were asked for a deposit payment and there are more often then not always held for 6months. Wouldnt waste your time fighting it, it wouldn't get sorted quickly, believe me. Look on the bright side you'll have some bills already paid in 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Sounds about right for Carphone Warehouse, they've tried to mislead me a couple of times in the past with Meteor upgrades, even told me the printouts off the Meteor website I'd brought with me were out of date.

You could chalk it up to experience and never deal with them again. Or since the assistant is actually admititng he got it wrong, and they're the ones who sold you the contract (are they?) threaten them with the SCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DannyBZR

MOH wrote:
    even told me the printouts off the Meteor website I'd brought with me were out of date.

I work for Meteor, and to be honest with you it would not surprise me if they were right.

DannyBZR wrote:
    I work for Meteor, and to be honest with you it would not surprise me if they were right.

They were, in a way.

Meteor website told me I was entitled to 80 euro free credit when I upgraded. CPW said that's nonsense, there's no difference with Meteor between an upgrade and a new contract, so I'd only get the 20 euro credit that came with the phone.

Mailed Meteor to clarify, gave them all my account details, and they came back and said I was actually entitled to 100 euro credit :D

Went back, with the e-mail, to the same CPW. Got a different guy who first said they didn't do Meteor upgrades, then gave me the same bull about not being entitled to any credit, and told me the e-mail was wrong. Left it and went to a Meteor shop that weekend and got my upgrade and credit in about 3 minutes.

CPW don't seem to have a clue about the products they're selling.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive only dealt with CPW once, and I got badly trained staff and a phone that gave problems. Never again.

On the topic here, I wouldnt bother fighting either. Wait out the 6 months, and vote with your feet, dont shop in that shop again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you signed up under false pretences then you are entitled to cancel your contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What ciaranfo said, you were sold a phone under false pretences and now you're being left short of money. You should go back to Carphone Warehouse, as it is their responsibility and not 3's, and insist on a refund. If they refuse tell them you'll take them to the Small Claims Court, and if they still refuse then do take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

risking th wrath of everyone apperently.. i work for carphone and you got credit scored you should have been told that 3 would take the money off you bill in 6 months as for the meteor thing METEOR do not allow cpw to accept printouts from online in the meteor store store they can

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

caspa307 wrote: »
    risking th wrath of everyone apperently.. i work for carphone and you got credit scored you should have been told that 3 would take the money off you bill in 6 months as for the meteor thing METEOR do not allow cpw to accept printouts from online in the meteor store store they can

More likely to feel the wrath for digging up ancient threads than for who your employer is tbh.:)

caspa307 wrote: »

I wasn't asking them to "accept" an online printout. I was using the printout as backup in pointing out to them that they didn't have a clue about how the upgrades worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement