Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphony/Eircom - Dont trust eircom to cancel your old contract if you go back to them

Options
  • 22-05-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Was with Euphony up until the end of march and i went back to eircom...

(i never wanted to ever go back to the pr*cks due to all the cold calling etc., but need to get in broadband and they were my only option.)

Anyway... When i went back to eircom, they confirmed to me that they would cancel my contract with euphony and i would not need to do anything.

BIG MISTAKE!

I got a bill from euphony looking for the normal €10 p/m service fee (with no calls on the bill) and i also got a letter from eircom to say "we are sorry to see you changing your call provider back to euphony". (I havent)

Eircom never cancelled my contract with euphony and euphony have signed me back to them for my calls!

I now have this problem sorted with thanks to the Comreg staff, but beware if you are going back to eircom... confirm with your old service provider that your contract is cancelled with them... DONT TRUST EIRCOM TO DO IT!

(i trusted them and look at the mess i got in!) :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

That's a coincidence. I went back to Eircom from Perlico. Just today I happened to be speaking to their (Perlico's) accounts dept. about an unresolved matter and they told me that my account is still with them. Eircom had told me that they would handle the changeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I've already spoke to comreg and made a formal complaint about euphony, and comreg told me that this has happened to hundreds of customers who came back to Eircom...

I think i might do a formal complaint on eircom too for not following through with there promise to handle the closing of my euphony account.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My parents switched to another provider because Euphony didnt offer broadband. I can tell you that if they bill us I will shame the bejaysus out of them on Ireland No 1 Bulletin Board until the publically apologise.

Sorry to hear you guys had problems, glad they got sorted. Someone needs to put a kick up the bum of ComReg who need to join the rest of us in phylum vertebrata.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

DeVore wrote:
    I will shame the bejaysus out of them on Ireland No 1 Bulletin Board until the publically apologise
    SHILL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gombeen99

Hi all, I'm writing this on behalf of my elderly parents who were with Euphony for approx 2 yrs upto early July 2007. They weren't satisfied with the service so moved back to Eircom. [I have read the other posts regarding Euphony customers moving back to Eircom and experiencing billing problems but don't see any posts relating to 2009]. All was well upto recently when they started to get letters from a debt collection agency demanding payment for 3 months Euphony use for July, Aug & Sept 2007. My parents informed them that they moved back to Eircom, with the same tel no. at the start of July, settled any outstanding bill with Euphony, and therefore don't owe anything to Euphony. My mum remembers hand writing a letter to Euphony to confirm they wanted to leave, but doesn't have a copy of this letter. She rang Eircom to ask for proof that they re-signed up with Eircom in July 2007, but was informed by Eircom that they only kept records going back 6 months and could not confirm that they were Eircom customers at this time. This sounds like complete crap to me. While Eircom may not have full billing records going back 2 years, they surely have a record that my parents actually recommenced service in July 2007? I assume this would be sufficient proof for Euphony? Has anyone recently experienced similar problems with Euphony billing them incorrectly for a period in 2007?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ignore the debt collector, there's nothing they can do. If your parents were paying eircom then that's that. Bank records may be able to help, if they paid with direct debit, Billpay or online at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gombeen99

Thanks but unfortunately they can't find any written records & probably would have paid by cheque. Hence my question around Eircom being able to provide proof that my parents were indeed Eircom customers at the time (e.g. by retrieving their July-Sept 07 bills). That would end the matter.

Advertisement