Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating In The Leaving.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

A lot of people seem to cheat...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ibid wrote:
    Mr Cummins.

:eek: Colaiste, eh? I've never cheated... Way too much at stake in the LC too..like, never being allowed sit it at another school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

Now I think we all know thats just not true.

I find it true actually..I know a few people who have cheated entire test but barely pass, its's because you're so worried about getting caught you're not properly reading the questions or else writing the completely wrong answers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Taffy89 wrote:
    I find it true actually..I know a few people who have cheated entire test but barely pass, its's because you're so worried about getting caught you're not properly reading the questions or else writing the completely wrong answers!
    Pfft. Amateurs. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    We're Leaving Cert students, not little children. Your rhetorical questions and wisdom are useless here I'm afraid.
    Sangre wrote:
    because Leaving Cert students don't understand rhetorical questions?

apparently so, given that your question has a definite answer and a rhetorical one doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Sangre wrote:
    people who cheat always do cráp anyway.
    you have never cheated have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think he means cheating in the leaving cert.

They do crap in comparison to students who don't cheat as a student who doesn't cheat will probably know their stuff wheras a person who does cheat wastes time and energy cheating and more than likely won't really benefit from it.

So the moral of the story is this children; Don't cheat.

Or use my take on it; its only cheating if you get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Rozabeez wrote:
    But like....what's the point in get false recognition (in the mock I mean) for work you didn't really do? I mean, if you can't do well in the mock without cheating, then you get a false sense of security towards the LC after doing well....what's the point?

in my situation when i did the mocks for the leaving, there was a lot of stuff i didnt have revised for the mock, that i KNEW i would know for the actual leaving its self, cheated as often as i could in the mocks, but not in the actual leaving.

another great reason to cheat in the mocks: if you do sh1t in the mocks, the chances of going out before the leaving are very small!!!
    cson wrote:
    its only cheating if you get caught.
    dam right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Steve01 wrote:
    I was an attendant during the Leaving Cert last year and I can say for certain that there was cheating going on. I didn't do anything about it though... still got paid :D

how much do attendants get paid actually??i hear its good money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

TBH , i wouldnt have any problem bringing a gun to a gun fight !! but for most my subjects hard 2 cheat , music,accountingetc.

Suppose bring quotes for ENG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

go to the toilet during your exam, guarantee u there'll be notes in that cubicle somewhere and people don't even take their names off the front of their books!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

timmywex wrote:

Minimum wage. Exact minimum wage, the one for under 18s too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

timmywex wrote:

Thats not even remotely true. A bit less then minimum wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I did it last year, although the money per hour is poor it soon adds up. I made over 450 euros for the leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I did it last year too. Made 380 euro if my memory serves me well. In any event it was easily the best job I've ever held down. On the Monday when Maths and Geography were on I'd just come back from an all-night party. Slept for most of the way through both exams! I was positioned directly opposite the examiner for the Junior Cert. The look he gave me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Ya I did it last year money was crap but you got a load of hours! Made like 480 euro:) Where I was supervisin de examiner once or twice would leave the actual hall and go into de hallway(kind of joined on to eachother) and i heard people in there whispering And also they were cheating in the bathrooms as well!

dan719 wrote:
    I did it last year, although the money per hour is poor it soon adds up. I made over 450 euros for the leaving cert!

Yeah same here. It's boring but you can just listen to music or read. No work needed except bringing tea in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

I kind of cheated in the leaving. We had quite a casual setup in our school and when we were in one of the smaller rooms in the school. When the writing scripts were handed out I straight away wrote down every forumla that I might otherwise have forgotten. THen I had a few minutes to ask people others that i already had. Still maths that year was rock hard (2000) so I needed every bit of help I could get. I wouldnt reccomend proper cheating though as if you get caught you can be setup back your life quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not too true. Only got 250 for the JC last year. Although it is handy, just sitting round, doing whatever you want yourself. I even worked on my history project during that time. Alongside Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 on the psp. It was just handy extra money really, I continued working where I normally worked, so it just supplemented that income. Plus trying to bring tea into a quiet hall when hungover/battered around, is very difficult. Thats my advice for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

jazzyjazz wrote:
    I think its so funny that this tread came up . TRY THIS

www.HowToCheatInTheLeavingCert.com
    God loves a tryer Jazzy. 8 attempts through though and have you really gotten anyone to pay for that ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

Technologies Effect On Cheating

I think its huge, f**k cheat sheets, put text files on your phone, and you can have complete answers. Or take pictures of accounts, for example, arrange it in foldersbby topics on ur phone ta-da, A1. Or ur ipod, it can too read txt files and pictures. I do it all the time, never got caught, never EVER will. And to the guy that said cheaters never do will, i can certainly prove the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

you have never cheated have you?
    Too lazy to scroll up and quote him so im quoting you...

I've cheated in exams. And I'd say I do fairly well in exams the majority of the time, with little or no work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

abcxyz123 wrote:
    I do it all the time, never got caught, never EVER will. And to the guy that said cheaters never do will, i can certainly prove the opposite.

Make sure you put the correct spelling of 'well' on your phone. Don't want to lose marks for grammar do we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

abcxyz123 wrote:
    Technologies Effect On Cheating

I think its huge, f**k cheat sheets, put text files on your phone, and you can have complete answers. Or take pictures of accounts, for example, arrange it in foldersbby topics on ur phone ta-da, A1. Or ur ipod, it can too read txt files and pictures. I do it all the time, never got caught, never EVER will. And to the guy that said cheaters never do will, i can certainly prove the opposite.

very flawed, A1s don't work like this. Unless you're in the case of... say, a B1 or A2 already, and you're missing a few things, so you check em up and there you go....

but you're not gonna go from zero to hero with nothing in your head and everything in your phone/ipod...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

lol i cheated once, in primary school for a spelling test :)

never did it for the LC
    i did however cram all my formulas just before the exam and wrote them down on the back of the script the second i got it. as close as i came lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

i did however cram all my formulas just before the exam and wrote them down on the back of the script the second i got it. as close as i came lol

I did that for the mocks, and will most probably do it for the LC too. Its particularly handy for Latin, cause there's this weird question where you have to scan a sentence and sort it out into stressed and unstressed syllables. there's four formulas that are pretty similar, so I'll have to write them down straight away.
    I don't think that's cheating... its just making good use of your time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Heard of a one lad who got caught cheating in the L.C..had the copy up his jumper tests were taken up...walking out the door copy falls out..your man just threw exam in the bin..cause like other wise all your exams are canceled arent they?..lol mate of mine cheating in xmas test (5th year)..economics...poor retart got 30% still!!haha

Yeah he sounds like a retart, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

lol i cheated once, in primary school for a spelling test :)

never did it for the LC
    This isn't cheating at all, in fact it's recommended by a lot of teachers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bottom line is, if you need to cheat you'll never do as well as the people who don't need to.

Advertisement