Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is this? Strange Japanese Car...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

a Toyota "Wills" (or something like that) ...based on the Yaris

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

thats weird seen it in what used to be hills garage in Bray the other day, tis strange alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Speaking of Will's - I passed a Toyota Will VS at the weekend, what a weird shaped car also. Kinda concept look to the front and to a point at the rear.

1261.jpg

toyota_will_vs_17082.jpg

cgt_will-vs4wd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Was that the black one that does be around Lucan? Lovely looking car, pretty fast to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for that, it is indeed the Toyota Will:

53r8y1c.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_WiLL

The Japanese sure make a lot of interesting small cars, I like the Toyota BB a lot also.

I'm in the process of bringing in a Toyota Yaris from Japan at the moment, if that goes well I might bring in some more interesting cars like the above one in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Looks like a Micra crossbred with a Yaris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Never mind that Toyota, the standard and imagination of design is similar enough to most modern Asian cars. The real culprit in the pic is the Mitsuoka Viewt behind it. Hand me over the designer of that yoke and I will personally torture him

Mankind wasn't created / didn't evolve to endure having to look at that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I seen that car or a car like that on the N11 last week.It looks weird.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Pass me a sick bag QUICK !

Anyone who would buy something like that, should have their driving license confiscated.

It kind of reminds me of Citroen's corrugated H Vans. Fine in their day, served a purpose but to have such styling today - I despair.

It's like something Inspector Clueso would drive !

Bit like the Megane too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

TomMc wrote:
    Pass me a sick bag QUICK !

Anyone who would buy something like that, should have their driving license confiscated.

It kind of reminds me of Citroen's corrugated H Vans. Fine in their day, served a purpose but to have such styling today - I despair.

It's like something Inspector Clueso would drive !

Bit like the Megane too.

Yeah i would agree with you.Who would want to buy it? once they go to sell it in a couple of years they will only get a penny.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

At first glance I thought it was a Kubelwagen, the one that always got blown up first in the ambush on the German patrol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like an attempt at a mini-Hummer that's been taken and bent in the middle. To sum up, it looks fuppin' horrible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The car came out in 2000. Its built on a Yaris floorpan. Toyota even had a special showroom in Tokyo to sell these cars. When I arrived to view the car I was handed loads of postcards and brochures. There was also a promotion running and everything from fridges to cups had the Will logo on it and all these were on display next to the car. The whole showroom looked more like a gameshow with loads of prizes. As I walked around the small showroom with two of these cars in it, there were on the wall actual I/12 scale models of the same car which they showed you as regarding the colour. There is now a different Will car called the Cypha which looks a little bit concepty. The VS is built on a Corolla floorpan and looks more Peugeot than concepty but is no longer built.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the Will Cypha is brilliant looking, if only Toyota Europe were as brave as they were when they brought over the Funcargo and called it the Yaris Verso!
    toyota_will_cypha_2687092_2.jpg
    toyota_will_cypha_2687092_3.jpg

Advertisement