Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA UK Tour

• 22-05-2007 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Just watchin 'TNA Today' on youtube, from yesterday..and they announced a UK tour very soon..more details to follow in coming weeks....wouldnt say there wud be an irish date..but still....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

If they do have an Irish date, I'd go have a look-see. Just to meet Christian Cage, Team3D and maybe Double J. Although I doubt they will as I can't imagine there being a huge enough TNA fanbase in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

For anyone that's had Sky Digital for the last couple of years, there is.
    I'd definitely go anyway, but it'd be more for Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal and Chris Sabin. Y'know, the ones who actually make TNA watchable?

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

hi guys is there any way tna if you have ntl? i have all the channels except bravo2. i cant get to see it. i really eant to start watching tna, im watching bits on youtube. im sick & tiered of wwe. Cena is doing my head in. he has the belt to long all his matches are so ****n predictable, kali tapping out was a joke. people like beneoit, finlay, randy orton, jeff hardy, should be given title shots. last year kurt angle carried all his matches with cena. cena is an ass hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I thought the point would have been the perfect size for them, as lets face it its a little small for the WWE. I would definitely go for AJ and Joe and Christean (who is probably the bast all rounder in the business today), plus RVD is likely top have singed by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd definitely go if they came here, but I doubt they will. Doing shows in the UK is still unknown waters for them, doing one in Ireland would be even more of a risk. Maybe AJ and Daniels have put in some good words about their experiences here though

• Advertisement

Dublin1983 wrote:
    hi guys is there any way tna if you have ntl? i have all the channels except bravo2. i cant get to see it. i really eant to start watching tna, im watching bits on youtube. im sick & tiered of wwe.

I hear ya dude, but sadly there's no way i don't think. Bravo2 is the only one that has it. I have someone recording it for me on a weekly basis so thats how i get to see it. So it's a case of finding someone who has sky and asking em or bribing em to record it for ya. An hour a week isn't a lot to ask ;)

VR!

its a pain in the arse, how bravo are so stupid- if they put it on Bravo1 it would be avaible to a much wider auidence. but sum1 told me that they have a deal, wwe have a deal with ntl. not to show it on bravo1, so we who ever has ntl & not sky digtal can only watch wwe.

It's not so much the fault of Bravo to be honest, they can only really cater for the masses, and apparently UFC is fairly hit and miss with Bravo atm (which means any UFC they have left could either be gone, or else moved to Bravo 2 as well), you gotta remember, Bravo isn't exactly a sports channel.

The NTL deal theory is probably BS cos you still needs the sports packages to catch most of the WWE programming anyway.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

and apparently UFC is fairly hit and miss with Bravo atm (which means any UFC they have left could either be gone, or else moved to Bravo 2 as well), you gotta remember, Bravo isn't exactly a sports channel.

Source?

Reliable!

• Advertisement

instead i have to watch a 7ft 4 man 400pounds plus tap out to a wigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Reliable!

Well could you give a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dublin1983 wrote:
    instead i have to watch a 7ft 4 man 400pounds plus tap out to a wigger.

You dont have to watch anything. Not to mention you shouldnt be posting spoilers.

Re TNA coming to the UK, ROH took a similar gamble and have sold very well 4 times, 3 of those times getting over 1000 people. TNA, with its regular TV deal should get at least the same, and could well hope to get 3/4000.

Edit: Cheers Fozzy for editing my compunding of the spoiler!!!

Well could you give a link?

I would only it was something i had heard, and not read. :)
    Sorry if that came off as smartass-ish, but i can't link what i didn't read.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Tickets wouldnt be as expensive as WWE ones either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id say they probably would to be fair. WWE tickets are expensive for a reason other than screwing the fans, it becuase the cost of flying their talent half way across the world, extra accomadation costs etc etc ect. Im sure TNA would be the exact same. Even ROH were charging huge prices for their better seats - £85 for ringside :eek:

if rvd and sabu go to tna and cause a stir with a good story line and kurt isnt injured and the if the rumor is true hogan going to tna. they will defo sell out any venue they do in europe!

Possibly, but it would be primarily because Hogan is doing a show. He might charge you €100 per autograph, but the fact is, Hogan draws just for being Hogan, and suckers are dumb enough to pay.

Other than that TNA probably won't sell out, as much as i would love it to but given it's limited exposure over this side of the pond. (and not just that... Canada doesn't get a lot of exposure due to few networks showing it there either), it would probably make a small profit, and get a rake of exposure.

Of course, if they can drag Sting, the Steiners, Angle, and Jarrett on the promotional poster, it MAY sell just for those names alone.

VR!

i agree. look at like this when we go to raw in 2weeks. its going to be broken down like this- 60% kids and parents and the 40% the older lads(like me)
    If tna was to come here it would only get that 40%- kids have no intrest in tna. its not targed at a kids audience. if john cena was on tna- he wouldnt be champ for near 2years. he is only a champ on wwe coz he can sell T-shirts to the auidence wwe thrive on children. he cant wrestle that well, but can generate money in other ways..

Dublin1983 wrote:
    wwe thrive on children. he cant wrestle that well, but can generate money in other ways..

No, WWE thrive on whatever makes them money! Merchandise makes money, hence various spinner belts, t-shirts, caps or anything "chain gang" related.

Hogan was the same in the 80s, and Hogan could actually wrestle, we just didn't really see much of it in WWE maybe with the exception of Savage in 89 Warrior (who Hogan practically piggybacked) in 90 and Slaughter in 91. But he was a merchandise machine. Foam hands, video games, comics, movies, t-shirts. You name it, people bought it.

At the end of the day it's a business, and it's aim... is to make money!
    And what better way to do that then through demanding kids, it's no different to a different football strip every year... mugs are mugs and they'll pay :)

VR!

• Advertisement

Dublin1983 wrote:
    If tna was to come here it would only get that 40%- kids have no intrest in tna.

It was said here recently that the PWTorch reported that TNA's main demographic for their tv audience is the 12-17 year old group. That's younger than WWE's. Over here though it probably would be a different story
    Other than that TNA probably won't sell out

I don't think you can really comment on whether TNA will sell out a building or not unless you know how big the building is first!

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think you can really comment on whether TNA will sell out a building or not unless you know how big the building is first!

Apologies for not clarifying. It's not gonna do anywhere smaller than the Point to be honest. WWA didn't manage to sell that place out in 2002, and there were quite an amount of names advertised for that. Sting, Scott Steiner (who pulled out two days before the show signing with WWE), Sabu and Lex Luger. Other than the point, where else are you gonna stick a ring, and a six sided one at that?

National Stadium maybe?
    VR!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rds simmonscourt?

i dont want be negative here, but forget about Tna, itt Be coming over this year, or anytime. soon. trust me i know for a fact. (dont ask me how).but i work in the promotion business

Well, like I said, I'd be very surprised if they came over this year. But is it really that much of a stretch to believe that they could possibly come over, given that they're doing shows in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I think it is a bit of a stretch to think they will come over here this year tbh. They will do well over in the UK, probably playing in some place like the Coventry Skysome where the International Incident or whatever it was called, was on a few years ago. I highly doubt they would go for a venue as big as the Point in the UK never mind Ireland, they probably wont expect as big a demand for tickets as they are likely to get. I'd say there is alot more chance of them coming to Ireland next time around than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Apologies for not clarifying. It's not gonna do anywhere smaller than the Point to be honest. WWA didn't manage to sell that place out in 2002, and there were quite an amount of names advertised for that. Sting, Scott Steiner (who pulled out two days before the show signing with WWE), Sabu and Lex Luger. Other than the point, where else are you gonna stick a ring, and a six sided one at that?

National Stadium maybe?
    VR!
    WWA sold out the point the first time round but at the time the country had been starved of a big wrestling event for the previous 10 years. I think TNA could still sell it out though. I for one would be there

The first was the RDS, and it wasn't a sellout if i recall correctly.
    The second time (the following year) was at the Point, and it didn't sell out either. I was able to get my ticket less than an hour before the show!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

WWA first came to Dublin in Nov 2001 and sold out The Point drawing 7,300 fans they then returned in Nov 2002 and only drew 3,000 in the same venue, WWA did have a show planned for the 30,000 seater RDS Stadium but they only sold 5,000 tickets and was therfore cancelled.

In regards to TNA in Ireland i think any of the RDS Halls or the Tallaght Basketball Arena are perfect for them and no doubt they would sell about 2-3,000 tickets in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

where did you hear the rumour bout hogan goin to tna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Or you could watch TNA on the internet

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/tna%2Bimpact/video/x22nap_tna-070524-1

First part of May 24th here the following parts are in the panel under it on the left

Advertisement