Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No warning when your free calls/texts end on meteor anytime extra

• 23-05-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

hey, i was on the the anytime plus price plan with meteor and i changed just over a month ago to anytime extra. i just wanted to WARN anyone else on this plan that i was never sent a message to say my free calls/texts were up (they always sent one of these on the other plan). now, it could have been a fluke that i wasnt sent a warning, but watch out! has this happened to anyone else?

if i'd have known i wouldn't have spent 15 euro on silly texts and little calls to my once free friend over the past 4 days!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

hey, i was on the the anytime plus price plan with meteor and i changed just over a month ago to anytime extra. i just wanted to WARN anyone else on this plan that i was never sent a message to say my free calls/texts were up (they always sent one of these on the other plan). now, it could have been a fluke that i wasnt sent a warning, but watch out! has this happened to anyone else?

if i'd have known i wouldn't have spent 15 euro on silly texts and little calls to my once free friend over the past 4 days!

Thats how they make their money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Same happened to me
    Bit of a disgrace to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Knowing eircom's business practices, I would not be surprised if this wasn't just a technical glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's normally a text sent. Regardless, it's not that hard to set a reminder in your calender to remind you to top up every 30 days. Plus you can check on the site when you're due to run out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Knowing eircom's business practices, I would not be surprised if this wasn't just a technical glitch.

I would agree with you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    There's normally a text sent. Regardless, it's not that hard to set a reminder in your calender to remind you to top up every 30 days. Plus you can check on the site when you're due to run out too.
    but when you've got a text every month for the past few years reminding you would you think of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yup. they are a business, and they want their money, but it is a bit decietful if they'd always sent the reminder before. i complained, so i'll see how they reply...

i suppose it's nice to know it hasn't only happened to me; that i'm not going mad and that a reminder really wasn't sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh, they replied with their excuse. but it doesn't cover why it didn't work for me. bah!

"Further to your email I have investigated the issue and consulted our technical Support department.

They have informed me that between the dates of 14/4/2007 and 1/5/2007 we had an issue sending out warning sms messages. This issue has now since been rectified.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Advertisement