Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ozzy Osbourne - Black Rain

• 23-05-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok just listened to it there and i must say, was not expecting this album to be so good. Its wierd that i hear more of blasko than i do of zakk wylde, normally the guitar overpowers the bass but in this album theres kinda an even split. Also didnt know that he was such a funky bassist, then again when has ozzy ever hired a bad musician.

Overall i give it a 8/10. Stomper of a cd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I too think it's very good. Wasn't expecting too much but I liked the single and well there ya go. Worth a shot by lovers and haters of Ozzy alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

heard the single just last night and quite honestly was blown away by it... superb stuff altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I haven't heard it yet. You guys that like it. Do you like his other Albums with Zakk? While Zakk is a great musican, but I can't really get into the Albums with Zakk. I only like a few of the tracks. Is the new album much different to the stuff hes done with Zakk so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I didnt think I'd like it, but it sounds pretty good (I still absolutly hate Ozzy's voice though, whingy nasal bastard, only time his voice suited was on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath). If someone else had sang it, I would have loved it, as it is, I just can't get past his damn voice. Good catchy chorus and nice riffage though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Well i like some of zakks stuff but im more a fan of the jake e lee or randy rhodes(SP?) eras. Its pretty good not really like much of the zakk wylde stuff, more bass than guitar is in this one imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Can't take Ozzy seriously since the Osbourne show on MTV, what a crowd of stooges.
    Seriously though has he produced a decent album since Tribute to Randy Rhodes?
    Anything I've heard since is disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

id advise you check this out then you just might like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Love the new single, looking forward to the rest. I've started listening to Down To Earth again until I have the chance to get the new one, I forgot how much I loved 'Gets me through'!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Thought the riff in I Don't Wanna Stop was the usual generic Zakk Wylde guff, seems he can't wait to start solo-ing so he forgets to put great riffs in there when writing songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Den_M wrote:
    Thought the riff in I Don't Wanna Stop was the usual generic Zakk Wylde guff, seems he can't wait to start solo-ing so he forgets to put great riffs in there when writing songs.

Listened to this album and its not half bad. A lot of the riffs are quite samey on the album too. At no point do you hit pause and say "sh!t, I have to figure out that riff on geetar!!!".

Another thing that niggles me about this album is that you kind of get the impression that somebody is Ozzy telling exactly what to do. "Sing these lyrics like this". "Do an evil laugh here" etc.. There's is a lot of production trickery on the vocals too. I cant help but feel he is basically the metal equivalent of Nelly Frutado!!!!!

Still though, fairly decent album...

• Advertisement
Advertisement