Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Hotel is the WWE Staying in Dublin

• 23-05-2007 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no idea,you could always just hang around the point after the show and follow the tour bus to wherever theyre staying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

i presume its the one on balls bridge !! cant think of the name but sum of ye prob no it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

the last time they stayed at the herbert park hotel and I was fortunate enough to meet them.
    They usually stay at one of the hotels in ballsbridge if the last number of trips of theirs were anything to go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

fatal wrote:
    the last time they stayed at the herbert park hotel and I was fortunate enough to meet them.
    They usually stay at one of the hotels in ballsbridge if the last number of trips of theirs were anything to go by

oh yeah remember i gav u the tip off about where they were staying.

the last time i found out by talkin to the buck who dropped off anf collected finley and willy from gamestop !!. he was pure sound and told us everyting we needed 2 no about getting 2 meet the stars!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

well i don't have a car so i can't follow them in the bus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

By the way any word on any appearances yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The last time WWE came, I waited untill the show ended then watched the tour bus leave. As it came past me I jumped against it (bear in mind, I was covered in double sided selotape). I stuck to the bus and got to go to the hotel with the wrestlers. Fortunatly, Brutus Beefecake was on the bus and he gladly cut me loose. Granted, he only cut me loose in order to turn me in to the Gardaí, but still it was a fun night....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gerard.C wrote:
    The last time WWE came, I waited untill the show ended then watched the tour bus leave. As it came past me I jumped against it (bear in mind, I was covered in double sided selotape). I stuck to the bus and got to go to the hotel with the wrestlers. Fortunatly, Brutus Beefecake was on the bus and he gladly cut me loose. Granted, he only cut me loose in order to turn me in to the Gardaí, but still it was a fun night....

Ok i can see this guy getting banned for trolling, but that post was as funny as hell! :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Gerard.C wrote:
    What age are you? 9? That was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

FX Meister wrote:
    What age are you? 9? That was terrible.

It entertained me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Are the wrestlers approachable for photographs, etc? It would be a dream come true for my son and if it's relatively hassle free and easy going I would bring him in and test our luck.

Stay away from heels, or those on the verge of becoming heels. It's their jobs to be pricks in front of fans, and not everyone takes it too kindly. It's like approaching anyone famous, you just have to pick your moment.

Good luck :)
    VR!

Langerland wrote:
    Are the wrestlers approachable for photographs, etc? It would be a dream come true for my son and if it's relatively hassle free and easy going I would bring him in and test our luck.

bring him in where? do you you know something we dont?

I'm assuming to the hotel or the bar that they're at?
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Langerland wrote:

most are, flair and batista are two i have had problems with but the rest have been ok. Cena and Orton were dead sound when i met them in 2004. I would love to get photo with Dalip Singh this time round.

Any word on hotel yet?? Clarion is likely, Herbert Park maybe?? Anywhere else they could stay???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Met Edge and Test in an airport 3 years back, sound chaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

I met the whole Smackdown and majority of the RAW roster over the past 3 years in Dublin. Most are approchable enough, London,Layla,Matt Hardy,Cena and Orton were class acts taking time out to have a good chat Orton even bought me drink. Batista, HBK and JBL however are utter arseholes who dont realise if it wasnt for us they would be nothing.

R.Rated wrote:
    I met the whole Smackdown and majority of the RAW roster over the past 3 years in Dublin. Most are approchable enough, London,Layla,Matt Hardy,Cena and Orton were class acts taking time out to have a good chat Orton even bought me drink. Batista, HBK and JBL however are utter arseholes who dont realise if it wasnt for us they would be nothing.

where did you meet them? whats a good bar that theyd likely to be in around dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

I met the SmackDown crew around Ballsbridge heading to The Point and a good few of the RAW roster was in The Porterhouse back in 04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Well I won't bring my son to hang around a pub to meet them. He's 10. But if anybody gets word on the hotel, it would be appreciated. Since Jeff Hardy is on the bill and he is my son's idol, I guess he would be the top of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It entertained me.
    You must be 9 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 R!ta

Anyone know which Porterhouse it was?
    North or South?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

FX Meister wrote:
    You must be 9 also.

No I'm not. I just found the image funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

FX Meister, I'm sorry you didn't find it funny, but there's no need to take shots at anyone who did

I'd guess that it was the Porterhouse at the end of Grafton St, only because a friend of mine saw Edge, Matt Hardy, Lita and a very drunk Chris Jericho at Burger King on Grafton St that year too

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd guess that it was the Porterhouse at the end of Grafton St, only because a friend of mine saw Edge, Matt Hardy, Lita and a very drunk Chris Jericho at Burger King on Grafton St that year too

I'd guess again. If it was 04, that Porterhouse was still Judge Roy Beans at the time i think. I think it became Porterhouse later that year but at the time RAW was on in May, i'm pretty sure it was still JRB. So it could have been the one on Parlament St.

Not that thats a stones throw away from Grafton St. It's about a 5 min walk.
    VR!

Advertisement