Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W.S.O.P. Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 29th May

• 23-05-2007 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

W.S.O.P. Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 29th May

Buy in €150 + €15

1 x Re-Buy/Top-Up €150

Starting Stack 3,500

Re-Buy/Top-Up 5,000

Clock 20min at start 25min when running ante kicks in.

Capacity 120 players max.

Please note:
    This event is being run by the Sporting Emporium and all events at this location are commercial unless otherwise stated.
    All tournaments start at 9pm sharp unless otherwise stated.
    “”We ask all players as a courtesy to each other to arrive at least 30min before the event to ensure a prompt start time.””
    All players must be at least 21 and be a member of the club.
    All tournaments are No-Limit Texas Hold’em unless otherwise stated.
    Structures and starting stacks are set in relation to the size of the buy-in and may be amended or changed at the tournament director’s discretion. (We always make an effort to give maximum value for all our players.)
    All tables are dealt to the highest standard.
    Card room rules available on request (amended TDA rules in practice in the club)
    As normal practice the Tournament Director / Floor person’s decision is final.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

Bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

Hi John

Is there a cash alternative to the package when i win?? ( :D )

(can't make Vegas this year, but i would like a decent game tomorrow all the same)

cheers

bops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

bops wrote:
    Hi John

Is there a cash alternative to the package when i win?? ( :D )

(can't make Vegas this year, but i would like a decent game tomorrow all the same)

cheers

bops

look tell the truth man, you're not allowed go :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

i can go if i bring a one & three year old with me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

who got the ticket(s) here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Wisesmurf wrote:
    who got the ticket(s) here?

Sadly I finished 3rd in this leaving Willow and Warren headsup.

1 €10k package with €2k for 2nd & €1k for 3rd.

4 handed, €1k was taken off the top for 4th.

I think they did a chop HU.

Good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

PiperT wrote:

:mad: :mad:

Hard luck Tim!

Would you have played the WSOP if you won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

PiperT wrote:

1 €10k package with €2k for 2nd & €1k for 3rd.

4 handed, €1k was taken off the top for 4th.

Good game.

Delighted for Willow there.....She's playing really great lately and was short short stacked earlier when on my table....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

She has some record in satellites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Willow is in really really good form. I believe she is going to vegas to play the ladies event and also the ME. I reckon she would be without doubt one of the better players in the ladies event and given a bit of luck I would expect her to go really deep.

Ul Tim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Willow is in really really good form. I believe she is going to vegas to play the ladies event and also the ME. I reckon she would be without doubt one of the better players in the ladies event and given a bit of luck I would expect her to go really deep.

Ul Tim.

have to agree, her and Smurph would make a great team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

just to go completely off topic, the whole idea of a WSOP 'ladies event' strikes me as deeply offensive and patronising

anyone else feel the same way?

FFS, it's not tennis or golf here people - it's a game of mental skill (and luckboxery obviously :) ) requiring no physical attributes whatsover i.e. your sex is irrelevant

grrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

just to go completely off topic, the whole idea of a WSOP 'ladies event' strikes me as deeply offensive and patronising

FFS, it's not tennis or golf here people - it's a game of mental skill (and luckboxery obviously :) ) requiring no physical attributes whatsover i.e. your sex is irrelevant

thats why Smurph won't play it, but to be fair, its a lot softer game for really good women players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

"Dot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

well done Tim, your playing really well at the moment, unlucky you didnt take it down. also well done to Willow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ul Tim,

You played a great tournie from the start and i expected you to be there or there abouts come the end. I only managed 8th in this. Warren had a mountain of chips going to the FT so not surprised he got to the business end. WP Willow, amazing record of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭CoolBoardr

Was that Warren from Full Tilt? How do you chop 1 ticket?

Yes, im nosey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

CoolBoardr wrote:
    Was that Warren from Full Tilt? How do you chop 1 ticket?

Yes, im nosey..

Cheers guys.

Although this was a WSOP Sat, the 1st prize prize was basically intended to cover the buy-in and expenses, it wasn't actually a ticket. I guess the guys just did a deal headsup although I'm not sure what the split was. Willow was clear chip leader when she took me out. The surplus cash was distributed to 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Advertisement