Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can my fellow boardsies save me!?!

• 23-05-2007 8:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ok well here's the deal. Its a friend of mines 21st birthday in a few weeks and I need to buy her a present. Now being the typical guy I have no idea of what to get her:rolleyes: Im always useless at this sort of stuff so help from my fellow boardsies would be great. Id be looking to spend about €40. She's an average 20/21 year old college student (getting a car in a couple of weeks if thats any help!!) so let the suggestions begin now !

Oh and since this is after hours a smart comment will be grand if you have no suggestions:D

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pink dice for the car and spend the rest of it on booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'd buy her a dildo as a joke presant. But all women love shoes and handbags. So take her into next/newlook or whereever she likes and pick her up something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Would you like to save cooperguy [y]/n? Y

cooperguy has been saved to C:\phew\that_was_close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

21st Birthday card with 21 euro in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Archeron

A family sized net of sweet juicy Valencia oranges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pink furry dice and a vibrator.
    If she doesn't like the pink furry dice she can go...... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dang.. was about to post that. I second the last suggestion though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

cooperguy wrote:
    Ok well here's the deal. Its a friend of mines 21st birthday in a few weeks and I need to buy her a present. Now being the typical guy I have no idea of what to get her:rolleyes: Im always useless at this sort of stuff so help from my fellow boardsies would be great. Id be looking to spend about €40. She's an average 20/21 year old college student (getting a car in a couple of weeks if thats any help!!) so let the suggestions begin now !

Oh and since this is after hours a smart comment will be grand if you have no suggestions:D

If you're in Dublin go into Lush at the bottom of Grafton St.

Birds love the crap that place sells.

Anti wrote:
    But all women love shoes and handbags.
    I don't =/

pfff, tranny...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Bottle of Moet & Chandon costs about forty bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Why not get her one of those kits for her car, ye know with jump leads, tow rope, torch, reflector things in it. Its something most people wont think to buy themselves but will be worth a million bucks if she needs it, especially a girl driving around on her own.

whats the point in that, no woman knows how to use any of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

rymus wrote:
    whats the point in that, no woman knows how to use any of the above

I can only assume you've excluded me from your mass generalisation....otherwise I would be forced to prove you wrong :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sonners wrote:
    otherwise I would be forced to prove you wrong
    Kinky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sea Monkeys! And lots of them!

And yes... this should have been posted in the Gift Suggestion Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Sea Monkeys! And lots of them!

And yes... this should have been posted in the Gift Suggestion Forum.
    Sorry I never knew it existed!!! And I even thought to myself before posting in After Hours "Ok cooperguy is there a more appropriate forum" Then I decided that this was definatly where it should go. Goddammit proven wrong again !!!

I like some of the suggestions keep them coming (tho a girl can only have so many vibrators and I was hoping to get her something other than drink!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Bottle of decent champagne (€35) + a can of tyre re-flate stuff (€8) available in most car garages - (temporarily reflates tyres after a puncture!) and pink dice. Total spend €50 and you have luxury, practicality & fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

cooperguy wrote:
    (tho a girl can only have so many vibrators)

Thats crazy talk... Quit talking crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Thats crazy talk... Quit talking crazy!

Well at the risk of being too descriptive there is only so many places they can go!!!

Advertisement